Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transport meeting in D15 tonight!

• 13-03-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

There is a transport meeting in Laurel Lodge Castleknock at 8pm this evening in St Thomas' Primary School
    Attending are Michael Power IE, Declan Murry Dublin Bus Joan Burton and a few others.

I'll be attending, wondering if anyone else was going to go along. I want to ask IE a few pointed questions about Sheriff St. Station!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭NavanJunction1

murphaph wrote:
    I'll be attending, wondering if anyone else was going to go along. I want to ask IE a few pointed questions about Sheriff St. Station!

How did it go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Didn't know it was on I am afraid. Would have went if I had known. So how did it go ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Lots of angry commuters and residents annoyed with people abandoning their cars outside stations. Lots of promises and grand plans by IE and to a lesser extent, DB.

IE admitted the new station in 'the Docklands' is actually on Sheriff Street and more East Wall than anything else. It will be a few hundred metres walk to the Red Line extension on Mayor Street. It will only be connected to the Maynooth Line so will not benefit Lucan or Drogheda train users. It's a disgrace. All that land belonged to us, the people. Now it's been flogged off to development and without even a station in a decent place.

It's still 9 years to the interconnector remember, 9 years of poor sould from Lucan etc. somehow finding their way from Heuston to town. The Luas is going to be unable to cope forllowing the Kildare Route Project.

The whole thing stinks folks. Contact your TDs and Minister Cullen & Co. and tell them how you feel. They'll push this awful station through if they think nobody will notice.

Advertisement