Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal product usage by Vegans.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

Shabadu wrote:
    The next person to call eating meat unhealthy or unethical, or the food pyramid unhealthy or unethical as a statement of fact without a NON PETA backing link or study, will be banned.

All these statements must be backed up with facts or clarified as opinions. Samos- please provide what you believe is the correct food pyramid, I'm literally boggling that you disagree that a diet combined mostly of wholegrains/vegetables & fruit, with smaller portions of meat/dairy is healthy.
    Please read "The China Study"

I think that the way that vegans take in the most animal produce is by the use of cosmetics and toiletaries. You have to read the labels carefully.
    Women "eat" a number of tubes of lipstick per year and they have animal ingredents.
    Anything applied to the skin such as lotions get absorbed and lots have animal products in them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mentalmiss wrote:
    Please read "The China Study"
    I have been meaning to buy that, heard it is very good.
    What did you think of it?

I have been meaning to buy that, heard it is very good.
    What did you think of it?
    I think that it should be in every school and library in the country. I read some where that Gary Player the golfer got down on his knees on television in the US and begged people to read it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Woah, that is some review. :D

• Advertisement

Woah, that is some review. :D
    Yes
    I hope that it gets the message through to some more people. Gary Player is in his seventies and still competes.

Advertisement