Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 topics: FTA/Sky and Wireless network

• 13-03-2006 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi, just realised I'd end up with multiple posts

2 things:
    any one an idea of the cheapest way to get FTA tv, want one setup for my mum, one for myself. I'm in a ground floor apartment so I guess have to be sure the dish can e positioned. Some one before suggested getting sky for a yr as an option of getting the equipment. I see Daltons charge a crazy figure.

other thing was wanted to set up a wireless network at home. Firslt got a AP and a pcmcia card for the lappie, but can't access the bband wirelessly , most likely just not knowing enough :(

In a few weeks getting a new pc would like to network theat with lappie and maybe PDA, and shared bband access . Wondering is any local techie I guess

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Hi, just realised I'd end up with multiple posts

2 things:
    any one an idea of the cheapest way to get FTA tv, I see Daltons charge a crazy figure.

other thing was wanted to set up a wireless network at home. Firslt got a AP and a pcmcia card for the lappie, but can't access the bband wirelessly , most likely just not knowing enough :(

Used sky box for FTA, can usually get one on FS General,can set up easily.
    (give me a shout if you need a hand) Wireless network reciever, got one last week €85, can now access BB anywhere around the house.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

need a hand ?? hehe I've not got a clue so that would be a yes, though think I'll wait til May and finished bloddy exams

new pc is coming next week, determined to network with lappie and chorus bband, though unsuccesful so far, suppose i should read the manual

where do people find the time to do these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

need a hand ?? hehe I've not got a clue so that would be a yes, though think I'll wait til May and finished bloddy exams

new pc is coming next week, determined to network with lappie and chorus bband, though unsuccesful so far, suppose i should read the manual

where do people find the time to do these things

Have chorus as well, connect BB to wireless router and Ta-Daa, away u go.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Advertisement