Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

switching to speakeasy

• 13-03-2006 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Can't find any info on this anywhere.
    A. How do I switch from o2 pay monthly to o2 speakeasy
    B. How can I switch from Vodafone pay monthly to speakeasy

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

from bill pay a few years ago.

Best move I ever made. My contract had expired so I just went into an O2 store. Didn't even have to change my sim as far as I remember. Just called o2 from the instore phone, politely refused all the enticements they offered to remain on bill pay and, as far as I remember, it was as simple as that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Looks like i might be as well to get a new phone - can get a 6020 for €89 with €90 credit. but thats only available to o2 speakeasy upgrades - wnder if I count as one?

Can't see how its possible to move from voafaone though anydone do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you'll be looking for an upgrade. what they do is give you a new sim card (a speakeasy one) with your number on it. then you get an upgrade pack. if you get the non upgrade, you'll have to use the number in the box to get the credit

i'm not sure what you mean about vodafone. aren't you on o2? if you are on vodafone you can switch to o2 in a store with no hassle

the other half in on vodafone pay monthly and was thinking of switching to o2 speakeasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Psychic Lady

I'm a speakeasy customer but am thinking about changing to a pay monthly phone but don't know is o2 or vodafone the best to move to can anyone give me some advice on this. Also I've heard the carphone warehouse are doing good deals on pay monthly phones with o2 has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

TheMonster wrote:
    the other half in on vodafone pay monthly and was thinking of switching to os speakeasy.

Meteor prepay is cheaper than Speakeasy you know.

Pythia wrote:
    Meteor prepay is cheaper than Speakeasy you know.
    tried once never again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

TheMonster wrote:
    tried once never again!!!
    you probably tried years ago when they were crap. they're grand now. this is the order of the networks in terms of how good they are:

payg:
    meteor
    o2
    voda

contract:
    o2
    meteor
    voda

voda could be thought of as possibly better than meteor on contract because meteor are only marginally cheaper and voda gives peace of mind. no one comes near meteor for payg. get a sim card for a tenner and try them out if you don't believe me

Advertisement