Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo alarm problem - advice needed.

Options
  • 13-03-2006 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Ford Mondeo LX ('00).

For some reason, the car alarm (just the basic beeping horn) is going off on its own accord. It's been happening a while now, and I've noticed that it mainly happens during cold weather spells, or in very windy weather.
    It's getting to be a bit annoying for my neighbours, so I've had to leave the car open overnight in the hope that nobody puts a brick through it.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

D>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

It used to happen repeatedly with my 1995 mondeo from new. Garage said it happened if you left the dashboard vents open. :S I got it disconnected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

maidhc wrote:
    It used to happen repeatedly with my 1995 mondeo from new. Garage said it happened if you left the dashboard vents open. :S I got it disconnected. :)

Any ideas on how I can disconnect it myself???

Afraid not... The fuse for the alarm also seems to serve the central locking also, so removing that isnt an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Possibly the wiring getting damp?

funny you should mention that - cos i do have a leaky boot - could this be interfering with the alarm cabling?

• Advertisement

DonalN wrote:
    funny you should mention that - cos i do have a leaky boot - could this be interfering with the alarm cabling?

I bet the water is getting in around the lamp cluster... problem can easily be solved by taking the lamp off and reseating it with a bit of sealant. It might be worth eliminating this first anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

DonalN wrote:
    Hi,

I have a Ford Mondeo LX ('00).

For some reason, the car alarm (just the basic beeping horn) is going off on its own accord. It's been happening a while now, and I've noticed that it mainly happens during cold weather spells, or in very windy weather.
    It's getting to be a bit annoying for my neighbours, so I've had to leave the car open overnight in the hope that nobody puts a brick through it.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks,

D>

hi M8,
    If its the old shape then its more than likely the bonnot switch,its very common on mondeos.
    there are 2 ways around this
    1= buy a new switch
    2-just bridge the 2 wires together.
    new shape could be same(not sure as i have oval grille type 96-00).

hope this helps.

mondeoman wrote:
    hi M8,
    If its the old shape then its more than likely the bonnot switch,its very common on mondeos.
    there are 2 ways around this
    1= buy a new switch
    2-just bridge the 2 wires together.
    new shape could be same(not sure as i have oval geille type 96-00).

hope this helps.

thanks for that - I'll give that a go later.....providing it stops raining!!...

Advertisement