Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sopranos/Big Love

• 13-03-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

Both on HBO last night, the Sopranos returned for season 6 and Big Love premiered (stars Bill Paxman)

Haven't watched either yet but the Sopranos has always been fantastic and Big Love looks very very promising (bar the name!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sopranos was a shocker.
    I'll say no more until people have seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

anyone know when is it going to be on tv over here?
    im so tempted to read the episode guide on the hbo website...

have to resist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

TmB wrote:
    Sopranos was a shocker.
    I'll say no more until people have seen it.
    I've seen it, are you talking about the ending. That was pretty unexpected. There are quite a few changes around the place. Not actually a spoiler, but someone's bound to crib about it so:
    I'm wondering if there's anyone not talking to the feds these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Shocker good, or shocker bad?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Inconclusive shocker. Good cliffhanger.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    Since it's the start of the series.... he clearly lives, not excately a cliffhanger, shocking though, what's he gonna do to Uncle Jun

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Well I guess Junior is off to the retirement village!

Or worse! Tony's been wanting to get rid of him for a while, don't think he'd e able to do it. Since Tony rang 911, maybe he'll just get arrested and start singing to the cops!

John

Junior is a cute auld whore, maybe he's trying to set up another get out of jail free card by claiming he's off his rocker. This would put a halt to his upcoming trial. Then again, maybe he is actually nuts this time. I'm sure Tony will survive anyway, a belly like that could take a fair few bullets before it'd stop him.

Perhaps Tony will claim that someone tried to break in an shot him in the process, that would get Junior off the hook. But if the cops search the house and find the gun then that wouldn't work. It certainly works well for the nut job defence though. He shoots his own nephew thinking he's a ghost come back to get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

Doh, couldn't wait, had to read your spoilers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Well fair play to you lads about putting up the spoilers but the BASTARD IRISH INDEPENDENT let a big secret out of the bag on its back page today. It said 'Look away now if you don't want to know' but then revealed something important in the next sentence. You couldn't avoid it.

I think we should send Furrio and Pauli around to see Big Tony and make him an offer he can't refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Took me a while to get my memory back. Couldn't remember what happened last series. Good to have tony back though and i think this might be a good series.

Snickers Man, what did it say? Was it
    Junior shooting Tony?

Like the stupid bloody Daily Mirror during the last season. They had a similar spoiler and warning about Tony S shooting Tony B, but the fecking gobshtes had a big picture of the scene right beside it :rolleyes: It was a good thing I was watching them from my cousin's recording as this was two weeks before RTE showed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Took me a while to get my memory back. Couldn't remember what happened last series. Good to have tony back though and i think this might be a good series.
    It took me a few minutes to get into it too. That strange spoken word /song they played over the first few minutes kind of threw me off.

Anyway the good news is that it seems to be at the same exceptional standard as previous Sopranos. :D

My advice: if you haven't seen it yet make sure you avoid ALL the spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭motrocco

anyone actually know when it's on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Meadow's dance! :D:D
    Shocking ending! Adriana turning up at the start was also a momentary shock! And what's with all the sushi?!

For those that don't want to know a spoiler for ep's 2-3 look away now ;)
    Tony will be in a coma for the next few eps. We will see some crazy dreams he's having - not too thrilled about this but who knows?

Apparently there will be 12 eps shown and the final 10 will be on in Jan 07.

Oh - and Big Love was pretty good as well, reckon I'll keep tuning in!

Advertisement