Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What ye think A4 From UK ?

Options
  • 13-03-2006 5:38pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Currently in the process of negotiating a price for an A4 from a garage in London.

It is a 2003 (JAN) 130bhp 1.9 TDI -
    Dolphin grey with 70k miles, Full Black Buffalino Leather Trim, Heated Front Seats, Cd Multichanger, Front Centre Armrest, Electric Rear Windows, Split Folding Rear Seats, Aluminium Facia, Heated Door Mirrors and Washer Jets..
    17" Audi alloys.

He is looking 11200 sterling and with VRT it will be landing for just over 22k.

What do ye think, is that a good deal? I have looked around and have no seen as nice a motor about for that price.
    In Ireland the price range is mental.

Have to make the decision over night, but what would ye do.

I can get flights out on Sat to Heathrow for 9 euro one way, then 140 euro on the ferry.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

yop wrote:
    I can get flights out on Sat to Heathrow for 9 euro one way, then 140 euro on the ferry.

But you'll miss the match!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Sounds well speced and reasonably priced. Get a HPI check and independent inspection before travelling, could save you a wasted trip. All you have left to sort is payment, the safest way would be to put the funds into your credit card account ahead of time and charge it to your card (double check with the seller and inform your bank there will be a big purchase), no worries about the safety of cash or clearing drafts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It sounds like a well-priced car. That said, given that VRT is very similar regardless of mileage, I'd try to find one with closer to 30k on the clock.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Umm, good point, might get to see it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

70K on a 3 year old VAG TDI isn't that much. Once it's been well maintained you'll be fine. My dad has a Sonata petrol from May 2003 with 37K on it so it wouldn't have been worth the expense on the original owner to go for a diesel and only do 30K in 3 years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

sounds like a well spec car, try and find a car with sat nav etc, so when you go to sell it here after it will be a benifit.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds ok. I'd be happier with less "leg" personally.

One point worth noting. London garages tend to be 10 - 15% more expensive than those in the Midlands or North for the same types of cars. It's down to higher costs.

The upside is that transport is easier to London, and the choice of metal is greater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Try www.fow.co.uk

They are in the north of England so it would be easier to get a flight to Manchester or Liverpool and shorter drive to Holyhead as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I saw a 2003 A4 1.9TDi Avant with 45k miles on the Independent here last week for €23k. Don't think it has the spec as good as what you're looking at in London. I would guess the one in London would probably sell for about €28-29k here.

I'm guessing you've exhausted looking here for a similar car...

There's a garage in Clane that has a good reputation and I know he has a few Audi A4's in stock at the moment.

http://www.autolinecarsales.ie/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lads, FOW I have tried alright.
    It is a bit of trek alright Henry but to be truthful I cannot find as high a spec any where else.

Is a heated leather seat a draw though when I sell this bus in a year?

I know I can get a cheaper car with a cloth only interior.

what I have done is put in a few pics of the motor which I got from them.

There are currently 16" alloys on it, they are putting 17"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

yop wrote:
    Thanks lads, FOW I have tried alright.
    It is a bit of trek alright Henry but to be truthful I cannot find as high a spec any where else.

Is a heated leather seat a draw though when I sell this bus in a year?

I know I can get a cheaper car with a cloth only interior.

what I have done is put in a few pics of the motor which I got from them.

There are currently 16" alloys on it, they are putting 17"

Extras are always a help when selling a car, but they don't compensate for mileage, IMO. The point has been argued before that well-serviced cars can achieve massive mileages without problem. This is true, but most potential buyers won't see it that way.

That is true, it would concern me the mileage.

I got an email there from another garage, in NI this time though.

He has this motor

2003, (March), Diesel, Manual, 62,000 miles, Full Audi Service History, One Owner, Metallic Denim Blue, Climate Control, Symphony Sound System, Multi CD, 4 Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking & Alarm System, Computer, Front Centre Armrest, Front Fog Lights, 17” Up – Graded Alloy Wheels.

He will do it for 11500. Nicer color but a slightly lower spec

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

someone in work is looking for something similar and we came across a private sale A4 2004 1.9TDi for £10,995 with 46k in the UK on autotrader today.
    Its just outside London...dunno how to post the link but the tel # is Telephone: (01773) 514403 or (07771) 725221

Cheers lex, is that UK Autotrader?

Advertisement