Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor Free Texts

• 13-03-2006 5:39pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey I've two questions about this...

1. Do I have to top up every 30 days to get free texts or once every calendar month? I topped up by 20 euro on the 13th of Feb but because of being sent free credit by them and stuff I dont need to top up yet. But I will if I have to!

2. If I send a double or triple text to another meeor customer is it still free?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

double messages are free defo and i'm pretty sure its every 30 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1: It normally follows through from whatever date you topped up to the same date the following month....I think. Anyway, regardless, it's not every calender month in any case. So roughly every thirty days yes.

2: Yes. Although in Meteor to Meteor cases, waiting for messages over 160 characters is a joke in comparison to Vodafone or O2. It can take up to ten or fifteen minutes at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

As far as i no its 28 days ring and confirm this... And as Havok said yes they are free for double/triple msgs aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

dory wrote:
    I topped up by 20 euro on the 13th of Feb but because of being sent free credit by them and stuff I dont need to top up yet. But I will if I have to!

It lasts for 30 days I think, but you don't have to top up until you're out of credit. It's not like the old offers that Vodafone used to give where keeping the offer going was reliant on topping up every month. Simply top up by €20 when you're topping up, and then use your credit until it runs out, whenever that happens to be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ya but I dont need to top up now but I better or I wont have the free texts (til I top up again).

Im trying to remember when I last topped up. Think it was around the 13th last month.....

• Advertisement

dory wrote:
    Ya but I dont need to top up now but I better or I wont have the free texts (til I top up again).

Im trying to remember when I last topped up. Think it was around the 13th last month.....

You will get an sms from Meteor usually 2-3 days before your free texts run out advising you to top up again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

dory wrote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

people seem to be giving confusing advice here.

1. you have to top up every 30 days. if you have credit when the 30 days runs out you start to get charged for the texts.

2. if you're within the 30 days you can send texts if you have no credit

3. to find out how long you have left text info to 50104

4. it has to be 20 in one go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

4. it has to be 20 in one go

It has to be €20 in one month. I thought it was in one go, but I got €10 as a birthday present and then topped up by another €10 a while later, I still got my free texts.

Just to clarify my earlier text, I wasn't saying there is no need to top up after 30 days to keep your free texts, I was just saying that even if you don't top up in that time, once you do you will regain your free texts. I find that if I top up every 30 days, I never get the chance to let my credit run down at all, so not worth my while to top up. I get about a month and a half out of every €20.

gilroyb wrote:
    It has to be €20 in one month. I thought it was in one go, but I got €10 as a birthday present and then topped up by another €10 a while later, I still got my free texts.

Once you have successfully signed up, simply top up by €20 in one go to avail of free Meteor to Meteor texts for the next 30 days.
    To continue to avail of this great rate until the March 1st 2008, remember you will need to top up by €20 in one go every 30 days.

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/5c_ft.html

• Advertisement

Once you have successfully signed up, simply top up by €20 in one go to avail of free Meteor to Meteor texts for the next 30 days.
    To continue to avail of this great rate until the March 1st 2008, remember you will need to top up by €20 in one go every 30 days.

They say it has to be in one go but in reality it can be in 2x10 - on one occassion in work I won phone credit, but it came in 2x10 - I remember it simply for the very reason that it wasn't a single 20 and I thought I wouldn't get free texts out of it! But it still worked fine and I received the message telling me I now had free texts until xx/xx/xx...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

There seems to be a free test web site offering 300 free tests per month, looks good, it's for Anytime plus and leisure time plus & pay.
    http://www.meteor.ie/services/freetext.html

_Turismo4 wrote:
    There seems to be a free test web site offering 300 free tests per month, looks good, it's for Anytime plus and leisure time plus & pay.
    http://www.meteor.ie/services/freetext.html

to be fair thats on all the networks except 3. o2 has 250 but they can be sent abroad

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You really sound like a Meteor sales person there. :rolleyes: :)

to be fair thats on all the networks except 3. o2 has 250 but they can be sent abroad
    fair enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

ive been all three networks and meteor is the only one id reccomend to anyone. i even thought it was best before coverage got good, they simply are the best to their customers

mawk wrote:
    ive been all three networks and meteor is the only one id reccomend to anyone. i even thought it was best before coverage got good, they simply are the best to their customers
    I’ll agree with that, as I’ve been with vodafone and 02 and never been a happy camper. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The whole thing of 2, 3 or 4 part messages taking ages to be received is really bloody annoying, as much as Three may have problems with roaming...they certainly don't have problems with multi-part messages.

dory wrote:
    You really sound like a Meteor sales person there. :rolleyes: :)

i copied that from the meteor website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

3. to find out how long you have left text info to 50104

This doesn't work for me - it says I'm on the wrong call plan, though that may have something to do with the fact that I've been on the free texts offer ever since meteor started it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

This doesn't work for me - it says I'm on the wrong call plan, though that may have something to do with the fact that I've been on the free texts offer ever since meteor started it.
    Same for me. On free texts for life.

it must only work for the new anytime and leisure time packages. i'm sure there's an alternative for youselves. call 1905, press 1,#,2 to get through to someone.

i always select the "not a meteor customer" option. if you select the other option it gets you to enter your number and then the customer care person asks you again anyway. odd system

Advertisement