Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost OST out Monday..

• 13-03-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Will definantly be giving this a looksee as i love Michael Giacchino's music in the show.. fantastic stuff!

B000EHSVDM.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V56869795_.jpg
    Amazon.com wrote:
    Product Description:

Get lost with the soundtrack to the hottest show on television. The mystical, mesmerizing and beautiful original scores for every episode of Lost have played an important role from the very beginning. A soundtrack release from Lost has become the most requested title we have ever encountered. Finally, to celebrate the continued success and acclaim of this landmark television series we are pleased to at last offer this soundtrack for the show's millions of devoted fans.

Amazon link here! (** Warning: possible slight spoilers in track titles **)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

*sigh*, no Mama Cass. Reckon this'll be in the shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent.... that will definitely be worth getting.
    I'm glad its just instrumental too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

qz wrote:
    *sigh*, no Mama Cass. Reckon this'll be in the shops?
    Think it may be just a US release for now as there's no sign of it on Amazon.co.uk

And as the cover says: "Music Composed By Michael Giacchino" - it's only instrumental music but Michael Giacchino's pieces are fantastic!

Definantly on my to-buy list!

EDIT: Play.com have it with a release date of April 3rd. No artwork or track listing but presumably it's the same as the one above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Excellant news. Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Does anyone know if this is out yet?
    There seem to be a few different release dates for it:confused:

• Advertisement

digiman wrote:
    Does anyone know if this is out yet?
    There seem to be a few different release dates for it:confused:
    It's out in the States... but not here for another fortnight apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

*cringes at the awful track names*

ah well, something to look forward too

Got this today.. haven't really listened to it yet!

Had an initial scan through the tracks but it's on the iPod ready for my travels tomorrow. From the initial listen, track 20 ("Life And Death") is a definite standout that we all know. I actually have had it ripped from the episode is featured in (1X20 - 'Do No Harm') and on the iPod but it's great to have a quality version without ending in Jack's grunts of him digging in the sand. I referred to the track here as 'Jack / Death Theme'

For those who can't recall it, it was featured numerous times throughout Series 1. It's the quite sad violin piece played
    when Boone dies / Jack has to tell Shannon and Claire brings back Aaron to the beach after his birth
    . And also used in 'Even The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues' during
    Jack's many failed initial attempts to revive Charlie
    . And also the final flashback to the plane in the Season 1 finale. I'm sure ye all know it now!! :D

Anyways, it sounds amazing!

But all of Michael Giacchino's stuff in the show sounds fantastic - the majority of 'Lost' fans reviewing it online are complaining there's no Driveshaft 'You All Everybody' on it.... puhhhlease! :rolleyes:

Anyways.. much recommended but i'll give a more concise review after a couple of listens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm really really enjoying this soundtrack. Apart from some ABSOLUTELY AWFUL pun track titles (Shannonigans / Booneral / Kates Motel), its a superb CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Is this out in HMV and the likes yet?

Edit: It seems I've already asked this question. Never mind!

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    Is this out in HMV and the likes yet?
    Probably Friday, i'd say!

OST isn't great in my opinion. Its missing at least one song I like. :mad:

Anima wrote:
    OST isn't great in my opinion. Its missing at least one song I like. :mad:
    Please say it's not "You All Everybody!" :D

God nooooo! Hate that.

Its that bell/hum/bass piece that was in the first season a lot. Its kind of eerie at the beginning but has a nice string bit then. Only time I can remember it playing was when Kate, Charlie and Jack went looking for the pilot in the second or third episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

downloaded it...its crap:mad:

bobbyc wrote:
    downloaded it...its crap:mad:
    You should be a music reviewer, you know that? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I got it. I think its good. Nice kinda chill out music. Although the names are a bit on the cheesy side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Just listened to this and I have to say I rather like it. Great OST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

basquille wrote:
    You should be a music reviewer, you know that? :rolleyes:
    just my 2 cents...:rolleyes:

Advertisement