Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored Alarms

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

I've just had an alarm installed this week - cost 1400. There are sensors on all doors and a mixture of hard wired and remote PIR's. If the alarm is triggered I get the call on my mobile. I've got a number of firearms but the FO where I live says that an alarm is not a requirement even for pistols. However from what I've read here and heard other shooters say it looks like everybody will have to have an monitored alarm in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Rusty Knight

lampor wrote:
    I did a bit of ringing around and here what i found.

The company that put in my alarm system will add in extra contacts (window,door) and a PIR for my safe room for about 110euro and connect my to a monitioring company for 160+vat;

The monitioring company (Top security) will cost 150 a year.

no bad value overall really. compared to the eircom prices I've been seeing i'm stunned at how low it the prices are.

Hi Lampor,
    I am looking for advice on the old 'monitored alarm' question which has been knocking around now for many a day....

In short, I have an existing standard alarm with contacts and PIR's, which is also fitted with a modem/dialler which rings me/the missus/neighbours/ etc if it is activated.
    Now, getting firearm and need to comply with Garda guidlines on same. If I can help it, Eircom won't be getting a penny from me, but do I have any options? You mentioned that TOP Security also monitor....is this recognised to EN IS blah blah standard?
    If so, are you still a customer and could you give me a price guidline on installation and annual fees?
    Any info or even a point in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Regards, Rusty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hi Lampor,
    I am looking for advice on the old 'monitored alarm' question which has been knocking around now for many a day....

In short, I have an existing standard alarm with contacts and PIR's, which is also fitted with a modem/dialler which rings me/the missus/neighbours/ etc if it is activated.
    Now, getting firearm and need to comply with Garda guidlines on same. If I can help it, Eircom won't be getting a penny from me, but do I have any options? You mentioned that TOP Security also monitor....is this recognised to EN IS blah blah standard?
    If so, are you still a customer and could you give me a price guidline on installation and annual fees?
    Any info or even a point in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Regards, Rusty

Had visit from cpo and as soon as he saw Eircom alarm he had no problems, seems to be an acceptable system which saves a lot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Rusty.

I had some work undertaken over the last few months , I used a company called Harris Security , he is based near Dublin , first class operation and well worth a phone call . He has all the necessary certs etc :Paul Harris 087 9522223.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ZoeFitz

Hello,

Would anyone know of a reputable monitored alarm system provider in Galway please. Our house is wired but nothing installed yet.

I received a quote from Eircom Phonewatch but I didn't find them to be that helpful. They said we'd need to get lots of other items installed and that they would not do it, we'd have to get an electrician. They also gave a 1 week deadline to avail of the quotation (which was no great shakes). On the phone there was a lot of 'We don't provide....', 'We don't cover...' too many negatives for a business provider for my liking.

Best wishes,

Zoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I believe NASRPC have a deal with a provider for their members - see www.nasrpc.ie for contact details for them - think NARGC recommend same provider and also have a deal for members.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

ZoeFitz wrote: »
    Hello,

Would anyone know of a reputable monitored alarm system provider in Galway please. Our house is wired but nothing installed yet.

Try JPM Security Systems in Salthill, he's on the web at jpmsecurity.ie

Advertisement