Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb sucks lately

• 13-03-2006 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Digiwebs basic pack is now a 2mb line, but at the best of times I am only getting 400Kbps, and at the busiest of times 250kbps. Ive emailed them a few times and theyve said theyre waiting to hear back from Eircom, whats taking so long and what are my options?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The guaranteed speed is 256k on all Bitstream packages

(router to exchange according to stats on your dsl router) .

eircom do not consider your line to be faulty unless it drops below that and do not consider it worth fixing evven then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 shamage

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The guaranteed speed is 256k on all Bitstream packages

(router to exchange according to stats on your dsl router) .

eircom do not consider your line to be faulty unless it drops below that and do not consider it worth fixing evven then.

Correct but the guaranteed throughput would be 2048/48 = 42.666 kbps ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Max I've seen lately is 384kb/s, and I've been disconnected for the odd hour lately too.
    Last time enquired about this I monitored the speed over 24hrs, it never got above 700 even in the early hours of the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

mine's working great, pings better than ever. speeds perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I beleive there is still a problem with the 3 rock antenna. I've given up asking about it. All I get is "engineers are working on it" but I've heard it won't improve until they do an upgrade which is supposed to be "a couple of weeks" away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

same,thats all im hearing,ordered smart today,had enough of metro bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Adey2002 wrote:
    I beleive there is still a problem with the 3 rock antenna.

Their 3 Rock has nothing to do with their DSL (which is all eircom wholesale stuff)

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭falteringstar

I should clarify I am talking about their DSL not Metro or Wireless....

Has anyone esle had these speed problems? We troubleshooted it on the phone to little avail, their getting back on to Eircom again who said there was nothing wrong with the line.

Advertisement