Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car not listed on VRT Calculator

Options
  • 13-03-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,

I am searching the VRT Calculator on the revenue site and was unable to find the specific car that I want to buy. Is there a phone number that I can call which will be answered? I tried a couple of Revenue phone numbers and got an answering machine telling me that they were too busy and to call again soon. Then they just hang up!

Thanks,
    Smarty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hi, I've had that problem myself. Try changing your description of the car slightly in the VRT calculator - for example, even though the car is a hatchback, it may be on their database as a saloon. This sometimes helps. Alternatively, you could try ringing a VRT office outside of Dublin. My experience, though, has been that they're very difficult, although not impossible, to get on the phone. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Thanks. I will try and play about with some of the settings.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As Anan said they are buggers to get hold of. You could waste a lot of time and money without getting your query through.
    There is a list of centres here...
    www.revenue.ie/cont_main.htm

However, even though as Anan said, the car may be listed under a different type, many cars still are not listed, the E30 325i Sport springs to mind whereas the 325i and 325i SE are both listed.

Advertisement