Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Numbers references and appearances

• 13-03-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

* On the hatch

* On the medicine that Desmond injects into his arm

* On the vial that Claire was injected with in the Medical Station

* In the mental ward

* Shannon's father Adam Rutherford died in Jack's emergency room at 8:15 a.m. after being involved in a car accident with the future Sarah Shephard.

* Hurley sees them at the airport on the team jersey of a girls football (soccer) team

* Kate- $23,000 bounty on her head

* Kate- Buried her time capsule 8/15

* Kate- Robbed safe deposit box #815

* Charlie- Selling copier model #815

* Jack- Sat in row 23

* Sawyer - His dad killed himself when Sawyer was 8

* Ana-Lucia- Sat in row 42

* Danielle- Same numbers led her to the island

* Hurley- Hotel in Sydney room number 2342

* Hurley- As his car dies, the speedometer reads the numbers in descending order

* Hurley- Wins the lottery using the numbers

* Hurley- Paid $1600 to scooter man in airport

* Hurley- drives the scooter next to a girls team in the airport, wearing shirts with each of the numbers on their back

* Flight #815

* Gate #23

* Michael’s clock said 5:23

* Claire was 8 months pregnant when the crash happened

* 15 - Number of hours Shannon didn’t want to be stuck on a plane next to a crying baby

* 4 people on the raft.

* 4 people kidnapped Walt

* Sun’s watch said 11:15

* Michael and Walts’s room #815

* Sarah Shephard- Had the number 44 on her shirt in the hotel scene.

* Sarah told Jack that her wedding was in 8 months from the time of the crash.

* #108 on wall mural. 108 is the sum of the numbers.

* The number 42 was on the Mural in The Hatch.

* The last number for combo for the lock and the last number shown when accessing the gun safe were 42.

* Jack's badge number was all the numbers.

* Danielle's child Alex would be around 16

* 23 is the number of people who survived the crash from the tail-end of the plane.

* Jack falls and hurts his ankle on step #23
    * Sayid was 23 when he was captured in the Persian Gulf War.

* Sayid said the recording from Danielle had been playing for 16 years, 5 months.

* Danielle's notes contained the numbers written 7 times, along with a mathematical formula.

* In Kate's flashback when she's listening to the tape that she and Tom made, the date on it is August 15 (8/15)

* On the vaccine bottle when Claire is getting the needle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

or...here:

http://thelostnumbers.blogspot.com/ :D

I notice a good few myself. In fact, I think it's stupid the way they put it in every episode so much. I mean, was it really neccessary? It's always 8.15 pm (for example in the hospital, the man's time of death was that) etc.

It's good to put the numbers in a few time but we get it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

4- The number of survivors from the tail-section who make it to the original survivors' camp (Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby, Bernard)

Not exactly from the show. But Hurley hearing the numbers from a radio station is entirely plausible.

They're called Number Stations and they're used by the FBI/KGB/whatever else agents all around the world. They mostly appeared during the 1980's and people with shortwave radios often found themselves picking up radiostations with digitalised voices reading out a list of numbers, or words, or just random noises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_stations for more information.

If you wish to listen to some recordings of the number stations you can do so here: http://home.freeuk.net/spook007/

They are relatively interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Good find boneyarsebogman. Those number station recordings were eerie. Wonder if Dharma were using their own number station to send messages off the island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

upmeath wrote:
    4- The number of survivors from the tail-section who make it to the original survivors' camp (Ana Lucia, Eko, Libby, Bernard)

sure there wasnt a fifth? i thought there was, adding Sawyer Jin and Mike to make 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

iFight wrote:
    sure there wasnt a fifth? i thought there was, adding Sawyer Jin and Mike to make 8

that's exactly what i was about to write.
    there was 5

108 minutes is also the timer in the hatch that desmond has to reset.
    maybe that's what is meant by mural above......

derv wrote:
    that's exactly what i was about to write.
    there was 5

Phew, was having doubts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

iFight wrote:
    Phew, was having doubts
    The 5th was Cindy who disappeared right before they met any of the losties (Shannon, then Sayid, then Jack).

Therefore only 4 made it across the island.

There were 23 tailies originally - on the first night they tried to abduct 4 (but Eko struck back and they only managed 3). They then took a further 9 (assume if they had originally taken Eko then they would've taken 8 this time). 4 died. Then Nathan and Goodwin died. Then there were 5 trekking across the island, then 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Not exactly from the show. But Hurley hearing the numbers from a radio station is entirely plausible.

They're called Number Stations and they're used by the FBI/KGB/whatever else agents all around the world. They mostly appeared during the 1980's and people with shortwave radios often found themselves picking up radiostations with digitalised voices reading out a list of numbers, or words, or just random noises.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_stations for more information.

If you wish to listen to some recordings of the number stations you can do so here: http://home.freeuk.net/spook007/

They are relatively interesting
    man those recording are ****in FREAKY...imagine being in bed wth the lights off and all of a sudden you just hear those coming from somewhere in your room omg...its actually terrifying me theres actualyl tears in my eyes wtf... bad childhood experience i think...

monomaniac wrote:
    The 5th was Cindy who disappeared right before they met any of the losties (Shannon, then Sayid, then Jack).

Therefore only 4 made it across the island.

There were 23 tailies originally - on the first night they tried to abduct 4 (but Eko struck back and they only managed 3). They then took a further 9 (assume if they had originally taken Eko then they would've taken 8 this time). 4 died. Then Nathan and Goodwin died. Then there were 5 trekking across the island, then 4.

Supposing u got this info from later eps, thanks for the spoiler

• Advertisement

How is this a spoiler to you? You said 5 made it across the island which occurs in a later episode than the one I referenced?!?

This occurs in
    The Other 48 Days

I'll spoiler tag my original post anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

or...here:

http://thelostnumbers.blogspot.com/ :D

I notice a good few myself. In fact, I think it's stupid the way they put it in every episode so much. I mean, was it really neccessary? It's always 8.15 pm (for example in the hospital, the man's time of death was that) etc.

It's good to put the numbers in a few time but we get it now!

Yeah but didint the LOST developers say that we should never EVER forget the significance of the numbers. In every episode thay push the numbers more and more.

monomaniac wrote:
    How is this a spoiler to you? You said 5 made it across the island which occurs in a later episode than the one I referenced?!?

This occurs in
    The Other 48 Days

I'll spoiler tag my original post anyway.

ive only seen what has been shown on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Then your posts above (t o me at least) appear to make little sense? If you hadn't seen the stuff, how were you clued into
    5 of the tail survivors etc

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Then your posts above (t o me at least) appear to make little sense? If you hadn't seen the stuff, how were you clued into
    5 of the tail survivors etc

becasue i saw five, am i being interrogated here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

iFight wrote:
    Ay, there's 5; Ana-Lucia, Bernard, Cindy, Eko & Libby. Unless Upmeath wasn't counting Eko as he is travelling with Jin & Michael, not the main group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

iFight wrote:
    becasue i saw five, am i being interrogated here?
    No, but when you said you were sure there was 5 made it accross, it implied you were up to date with the scenario (presumably through viewing) and didn't mind talking about it.

Yes, the other post should have had spoiler tags, but it was relevant to the discussion.

i think im talking about a different situation

Nope - I understand now - this is my bad, should've spoiler tagged my post originally. The post wasn't marked as IRL (I usually only post in the US threads).

By seeing up to episode 5 on RTE you know there are 5 tailies but you didn't know the info I revealed in my post. There is still some spoiler info in the original post that goes further beyond the episodes we're talking about though.

Us US viewers need to be careful not to let spoilers slip.

So my apologies to iFight for the spoiler.

no worries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

of course i was counting eko, he made it didnt he? i was discounting cindy because, if your logic is the same as mine, being abducted on the way across the island means she didnt make it across

back to the original point of this thread, the numbers' appearances:

if you listen to the announcer when hurley learns he's won the lotto (in episode 1:23 "numbers"), he says it's the 16th week without a winner

the television channel which interviews hurley at his doorstep in the same episode is KSVU 8, their microphone and van bear the number 8

8 people die in Hurley's sneaker factory fire

The guy he goes in search of in Australia is dead 4 years, and he and Leonard heard the numbers station 16 years previous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

upmeath wrote:
    of course i was counting eko, he made it didnt he? i was discounting cindy because, if your logic is the same as mine, being abducted on the way across the island means she didnt make it across
    At the time you posted, we did not know Cindy had been taken as that only happened this week, so your post was, in fact, a spoiler of sorts. Doesn't vBulletin have spoiler tags for those sort of things?

Advertisement