Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAP to SQL

Options
  • 13-03-2006 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,906 ✭✭✭✭

I want to create a very simple WAP page that the user can enter 5 values in on - these values are then passed to an sql database. Is it possible to connect a wap page to an sql database? I know normal webpages can't really be. I know so far that to create a website in a basic HTML site connection i would need to create a JSP page linked to a servlet and have the servelt manage the connection and sql queries (which i can do). Is the same sort of thing easy or possible with wap or is it a lot harder? do i need any middleware tools to establish and use a connection that are not at all required with JSP and Servlets? Anyone done it before and can offer my code snippits or advice?

Comments

Advertisement