Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL in Kilcoole

Options
  • 13-03-2006 8:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a new line into the house as the old one was just in the muck rotting also go my internal wiring done properly does anybody else have dsl in kilcoole acording to magnetrolleyes.gif "we have customers there" does anybody know if they use eircoms database for line pass' ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Some of the houses in Kilcoole are connected to the NMK exchange, which is enabled so you may be in luck. If you use the Smart line checker it should tell you which exchange you are linked to.

HTH

M.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Mr_Man wrote:
    Some of the houses in Kilcoole are connected to the NMK exchange, which is enabled so you may be in luck. If you use the Smart line checker it should tell you which exchange you are linked to.

HTH

M.

Yeah Beachdale & those estates at the bottom of Kilcoole are on the NMK exchange(Theres a Eircom engineer testing the service from his house there) & still retain the 287 prefix im at the very top & im on the Greystones exchange which isnt to far away tbh Charlesland(5mins away from me) i was told by an engineer is in the NMK exchange i just dont get that Greystones is way closer if its true im in a DSL Blackspot yet surrounded with it less than 5mins away etc direction i was hoping i can get magnet adsl+2 that well within reach of the Greystones exchange

Well if i can't im just going to have wait for the NE Wicklow GBS & if i can't recieve that i will Cry yes cry you Heard me Mr Man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Yeah Beachdale & those estates at the bottom of Kilcoole are on the NMK exchange(Theres a Eircom engineer testing the service from his house there) & still retain the 287 prefix im at the very top & im on the Greystones exchange which isnt to far away tbh Charlesland(5mins away from me) i was told by an engineer is in the NMK exchange i just dont get that Greystones is way closer if its true im in a DSL Blackspot yet surrounded with it less than 5mins away etc direction i was hoping i can get magnet adsl+2 that well within reach of the Greystones exchange

Well if i can't im just going to have wait for the NE Wicklow GBS & if i can't recieve that i will Cry yes cry you Heard me Mr Man :D

Just fyi im in beachdale and there be no nmk exchange here, ive tested a good few lines all fail and all are on the greystones exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Same here, no joy on the lines I tested in Beachdale. I've heard some people in the estate have it though....

Yeah some are Woodstock & the industrial estate defintely have it

• Advertisement

Yeah some are Woodstock & the industrial estate defintely have it

Two eircom engineers have it in beachdale, i know one of the guys son.... time for the 100m lan cable.

Blitz wrote:
    Two eircom engineers have it in beachdale, i know one of the guys son.... time for the 100m lan cable.

lmao nice one mick:D friend of mine in bray we ran phone cable down a terrace of 8 houses so he could get broadband so if theres a will theres a way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nikkit

Hi There,
    Any sign of the North Wicklow GBS coming to Kilmac, They were promising some time this month.
    Thanks

Nikkit wrote:
    Hi There,
    Any sign of the North Wicklow GBS coming to Kilmac, They were promising some time this month.
    Thanks

Well it seems Kilcoole will be another year away so good luck with getting it in Kilmac Shortly;)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Hi,

I am not sure where you are getting your information about BB in Kilcoole from but the current plan under the GBS is that Kilcoole will go online a few weeks after Kilmac.

HTH

M.

• Advertisement

Mr_Man wrote:
    Hi,

I am not sure where you are getting your information about BB in Kilcoole from but the current plan under the GBS is that Kilcoole will go online a few weeks after Kilmac.

HTH

M.

I hope so my Mental health depends on it!!!

Mr_Man wrote:
    Hi,

HTH

M.

That is if no technical issues rear its head.

Yeah like being surrounded by 2 storey Houses living in a Bungalow just Bearly got Sky in with all the Houses in the way i hope i can get it or it will be a 20ft poll or repeater for me :D

howdy all,

your not going to belive this but my line is now passing... weeks before Group broadband scheme hits kilcoole....

Im getting the Pass (Subject to confirmation), as you can imagine i got my ass straight onto the eircom site and upgraded my isdn line!

Blitz wrote:
    howdy all,

your not going to belive this but my line is now passing... weeks before Group broadband scheme hits kilcoole....

Im getting the Pass (Subject to confirmation), as you can imagine i got my ass straight onto the eircom site and upgraded my isdn line!

i hate you :( nice one

Blitz wrote:
    i got my ass straight onto the eircom site and upgraded my isdn line!

you mean getting downgraded to a ptsn line :)

Weird my line just passed! i am after ordering 2mb lets hope this is not a bug in the database!

Weird my line just passed! i am after ordering 2mb lets hope this is not a bug in the database!

lets hope it is a bug and that its not a "Known" bug :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

I'm also in Beachdale but am not one of the chosen few :mad: All the lines [street level] have been upgraded for Broadband [confirmed by Eircom Technician]. An interesting fact is that many of the chosen few who have got BB also have phone nos. which show as failing the pre-test! The line into my house was replaced last year but still the line fails - perhaps its the line checking system that is failing rather than the actual lines. Any ideal how we can push this aspect.

I'm also in Beachdale but am not one of the chosen few :mad: All the lines [street level] have been upgraded for Broadband [confirmed by Eircom Technician]. An interesting fact is that many of the chosen few who have got BB also have phone nos. which show as failing the pre-test! The line into my house was replaced last year but still the line fails - perhaps its the line checking system that is failing rather than the actual lines. Any ideal how we can push this aspect.

I think this is apart of a bigger picture, they could be seing the lines that are getting broadband what sort of rates they get.

Based on this they could change the system to suit, its like in hp when we do a pc build.... you never know if its going to work untill you do it!

/gets me a expensive wireless router and a sign "Wireless Broadband BlitzCom 30 euro pm" :P

• Advertisement

Blitz wrote:
    lets hope it is a bug and that its not a "Known" bug :P

Known Bug :mad: contacted me with the usual **** "Broadband is a sensitive Technology" not as sensitive as youe ****ty brittle copper!

All i ask is they connect me to see if i get DSL sync

from time to time i connect a Eircom netopia router i accquired and live in hope :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

I work in the industrial estate and we have broadband as we are on the NMK exchange.

Irish Broadband were on to me about their service from Wicklow but they are not taking on any new subscribers as they are at full capacity on that service.

Yeah anything at this stage would be nice anything except Satellite or ISDN a good FWA service would be nice hope the Group Broadband Scheme arrives soon

Yeah anything at this stage would be nice anything except Satellite or ISDN a good FWA service would be nice hope the Group Broadband Scheme arrives soon

I called up and asked why my line hasnt been activated yet, apparently the engineer never bothered turning up.

Dam eircom not having any SLA's :( If only everything had red tape.. i mean SLA's *goes back to work in hp :D*

Blitz wrote:
    I called up and asked why my line hasnt been activated yet, apparently the engineer never bothered turning up.

Dam eircom not having any SLA's :( If only everything had red tape.. i mean SLA's *goes back to work in hp :D*

Hope you can get it now usually theres "unforseen complications" as my friends found out even thow his line passed and all the neighbours have it

Jaysus MOB are you getting commission for plugging Hp all the time ;)

Hope you can get it now usually theres "unforseen complications" as my friends found out even thow his line passed and all the neighbours have it

Jaysus MOB are you getting commission for plugging Hp all the time ;)
    heh i wish

Im waiting for my line to be downgraded atm estimated date is.... 23rd may ugg...

Strange cos my due connection date was 8th may :S

Advertisement