Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Paddy events?

Options
  • 13-03-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Besides from the usual parade, are there any particular events taking place this year? Black box? Arts? GAA?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

St. Paddy's Day
    Get up. Get something to eat. Get onto a high stool in a pub somewhere and get ready to watch Portumna represent Gawlay in the All-Ireland Hurling Final @ 2pm. Afterwards you can watch Salthill/Knocknacarra represent Gawlay in the All-Ireland Football Final. Go on the beer for the rest of the day until about 7:45pm where you can watch Kerry v Offaly on Setanta. Head to CPs and meet some young one from Mayo and talk about the GAAAAAA.
    Saturday
    Open your eyes slowly.. Quietly get up and sneak out. Don't want to wake the young one from Mayo. Get a breakfast roll. Get onto a high stool in a pub somewhere and talk about the Galway teams winning the 2 All-Irelands the day before and ask about the parade you missed. Get ready to watch Ireland beat England in the Rugby @ 5:30pm. Go on the beer for the rest of the day.
    Sunday
    Head to Pearse Stadium for 3:30pm and watch Galway make it 2 wins in a row in the Football. Don't forget the Sacre Couer is gone so go somewhere different for pints.
    Monday
    Log back on here

GOOD LUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd like to condense the above post...

....drink. Lots, and lots of drink. Any excuse will do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

There's the Fez Noz on in the Black Box ...

There'll be the usual celtic parade on the thursday evening I think ending at the Town Hall Theatre ... I'll be there ...

Wake up. Lie in bed trying to remember what day it is. Remember its Paddys Day. Think, oh well. Possibly go to work. Maybe go out after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I hope its pissing rain this year. I don't want to go into town and spend god-knows-how-much on buckfast. Instead id prefer to have some fun on my jetski in the lashing rain while grumpy old fishermen give me the middle finger :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ridin'

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

cardoor wrote:
    St. Paddy's Day
    Get up. Get something to eat. Get onto a high stool in a pub somewhere and get ready to watch Portumna represent Gawlay in the All-Ireland Hurling Final @ 2pm. Afterwards you can watch Salthill/Knocknacarra represent Gawlay in the All-Ireland Football Final. Go on the beer for the rest of the day until about 7:45pm where you can watch Kerry v Offaly on Setanta. Head to CPs and meet some young one from Mayo and talk about the GAAAAAA.
    Saturday
    Open your eyes slowly.. Quietly get up and sneak out. Don't want to wake the young one from Mayo. Get a breakfast roll. Get onto a high stool in a pub somewhere and talk about the Galway teams winning the 2 All-Irelands the day before and ask about the parade you missed. Get ready to watch Ireland beat England in the Rugby @ 5:30pm. Go on the beer for the rest of the day.
    Sunday
    Head to Pearse Stadium for 3:30pm and watch Galway make it 2 wins in a row in the Football. Don't forget the Sacre Couer is gone so go somewhere different for pints.
    Monday
    Log back on here

GOOD LUCK
    Fantastic! That's my itinerary right there, ready to print and all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

error9 wrote:
    There's the Fez Noz on in the Black Box ...
    There'll be the usual celtic parade on the thursday evening I think ending at the Town Hall Theatre ... I'll be there ...
    This sounds good. Might see you there, error!

This is gonna sound very nerdy, but the only thing I want to do on Paddys Day is go see V for Vendetta

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

Wake up hung over fall home.:(
    Eat, get sick, go to work and drink therein (perk of the job). ;)
    house party.:D
    friends going to OZ so drink to their health, cat, table and anything else that will keep the session going.:D Drink. Sing and pray I don't remember singing the next day!:o
    Walk up and pray for death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cardoor

cardoor wrote:
    St. Paddy's Day
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday
    Log back on here

GOOD LUCK

Well its more or less going to plan. Didn't get to CPS. Just home now to change the clothes after watching the Rugby. The Irish jersey is going to stay on. Whata weekend. Forget about Monday...............:D

Nothing sounds sweeter than a broken chariot !

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jsr

So Boys/Girls?Gender confused,
    Did you manage to stick to your plans. I did for the most part. Can't remember if I sang or not and didn't get sick but apart from that I kept to the regime of drunken foolery. I love it when a plan comes together:D

Advertisement