Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing thread

Options
  • 13-03-2006 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

I get an automatic email when anyone subscribes to a thread I post in.

Eirebhoy posted a reply at 00:32 today to the Strange death notice thread I started yet when I click on the link to access the thread I get the you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

etc etc

When I search for the thread in After Hours it seems to be gone.

If it has been removed by a moderator then he/she should contact the thread starter by PM to inform them.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

What was the content? It was probably just a load of cock...if they had to pm someone everytime they deleted a load of bollix thread, jesus, they'd be there all day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What DubGuy said.

As for the explanation for its inexistance: it could be that the thread has been moved. Try searching for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Gordon wrote:
    As for the explanation for its inexistance: it could be that the thread has been moved. Try searching for it.

already did - nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Then either it has been moved to a forum that you or I don't have access to, or it has been hard deleted*. Not sure why as I remember that thread and I don't remember it having sensitive information on it.

*Strike that, hard deleted threads show up as non existant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The Admins probably moved it to their own forum, as they have done in the past. I saw the thread briefly, and it was legally dangerous at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

seamus wrote:
    The Admins probably moved it to their own forum, as they have done in the past. I saw the thread briefly, and it was legally dangerous at best.

Do you have access to these threads by any chance Seamus? The same thing appears to have happened to a thread in the Greystones / Charlesland forum that has disappeared into the ether...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

eoin_s wrote:
    Do you have access to these threads by any chance Seamus? The same thing appears to have happened to a thread in the Greystones / Charlesland forum that has disappeared into the ether...
    No, only the admins do. If Gordon can't access it, then I can't either :)

Advertisement