Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 2X05 - "...And Found" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 13-03-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "...AND FOUND" -

Episode Title: "... And Found"
    Airdate: March 13th 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

Michael sets off into the jungle by himself determined to find Walt, but discovers that he is not alone. Meanwhile, Sawyer and Jin are ordered by their captors to take them to their camp, and Sun frantically searches for her missing wedding ring. In flashbacks this episode reveals more of Jin's life before ending up on the island. We meet Jin's former manager at the Grand Seoul Hotel, Mr. Kim, his beatnik best friend and one-time roomie, Tai Soo, and Jae Lee, an adversary of Jin's who has everything he does not, including a good education, charm and wealth. It all leads into why Jin is the way he is now.

Next New Episode: 2X06 - "Abandoned" - March 20th 2006

What did you think of '...And Found'? 32 votes

0%
    3%
    tabatha 1 vote
    3%
    Bartronilic 1 vote
    12%
    Karl Hungusyom 1CountryWisebiko 4 votes
    15%
    GoodshapeJBoyle4evaBinkaAgamemnonZiabR 5 votes
    15%
    sunbeamLagunamurfiesqurmpokerwidow 5 votes
    18%
    qzDadesKillaqueen!!!NecronomiconFuzzy_DunlopNUTZZ 6 votes
    12%
    ElmoSmurphy**Timbuk2**s.murphy 4 votes
    12%
    weemcdDublin's Finesttrishw78mambo 4 votes
    6%
    segadreamcastEarthhorse 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Almost forgot about this one tonight..! :D

Think it was the fact that there was none last week due to Oscars.

Anyways.. enjoy all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Don't know if there's anything wrong with me posting before the ep is finished, but I think this one was mediocre at best. But don't lose faith yet IRL viewers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The episode itself was fairly standard, but I think between this episode and last week the series has settled down nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yeah I agree, not that good of an episode. There wasn't really anything new revealed but going on what other people have said it supposed to pick up later on, so can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

yeah i thought it was fairly average too. i like the bits with michael, jin and all but i dont see the point in spending half the episode following sun looking for her wedding ring, well ok for the back story but meh, still didnt reveal much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

dullest episode of lost in a long time, possibly the dullest i can remember. but ill stick with it.

the only cool bit was the teddy bear being dragged along

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The episodes that feature Ana- Lucia heavily piss me off, so I didn't like this episode too much.

Nice to know how Jin and Sun met though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think the poster that gave it a 10 was slightly generous :)
    Not bad, I did enjoy the bits with Michael and Jin (and how cool is Mr. Echo??) and I liked the scene where
    Jin and Echo were hiding and all you see are legs passing by, and one person is carrying a teddy-bear
    Other than that, I found the whole wedding ring thing pretty dull. Nothing special about the back-story either.
    Overall, average enough, but better than last week's ep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

i have to agree with Faith, the Anna Lucia character is painful, but it makes a change to have a whole episode without Jack and Locke posturing at each other. Jin and Sun are more interesting for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I thought it was a bit below average I gave it a 3. I watched it for the sake of watching it. the bit I liked was Mr. Eko telling Jin that the others don't make noise or leave foot prints. I hope the next ep is good.

And Ana-Lucia is really annoying whats her back story I want to know why she is such a b-atch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It was another one of those "Fill the Gap" episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Boy oh boy, what a boring episode. It was obvious where the ring was from the moment she lost it. Turgid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Highlight of this episode was when Hurley asked Sun if Seoul was in the good or bad Korea:D otherwise, a fairly meh episode. i think the episode was there purely to emphasise that the Others aren't a pleasant bunch at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

I liked the episode myself. Mr Echo does look like a cool customer and it made a nice change to focus on him instead of listening to that head wrecking anna lucia. I think the early episodes are just really shaping what will be a good season (if we are to listen to those who have seen series 2).

Ps also thought the Hurley bit was funny - he just had nothing to say to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Brutal episode. Not impressed with the second series at all yet.

Everybody hates Anna Lucia!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Didn't think much of last nights episode at all and since when did Jin learn to understand english and speak bits of it? If you put me in Korea I wouldn't have a clue how to speak or understand the language no matter how long I was there!

They just seem to be dragging it out...... but give it time they tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

Mr Moon wrote:
    Didn't think much of last nights episode at all and since when did Jin learn to understand english and speak bits of it? If you put me in Korea I wouldn't have a clue how to speak or understand the language no matter how long I was there!

yeah, I noticed that too. His knowledge of English seems to have picked up considerably since he got back on the island. Also, Sun seemed to have much better pronunciation and confidence in her English than before. Maybe that's something else weird about the island, it increases non-English speakers' level of English:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Oh please let something happen next week!

The could go futher back into the lives of their characters not just a few years before they ended up on the Island. Only jack and kate have had a story go back into their childhood but both stories were just rapped around their adult lives.

The other what others, it's all in ur head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Another poor episode but I'm told the next episode is going to be good so I'll keep watching.

Ana Lucia is headwrecking, but Mr. Eko seems cool as fvck so I hope he stays in it for awhile at least.

Also what the hell has happened Desmond? Seems like they had no further ideas for him so they just made him disappear.

Oh and also The Other holding the teddy bear, The French lady's son maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Oh and also The Other holding the teddy bear, The French lady's son maybe?

Ok she has been in solitude for 16 years. Only if they them i.e. the other got her pregers could she have a young son. Possible, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Nah, i think it's Walt......but then maybe the others had a child????

Anyway, It was an all-rightish episode, I think this was possibly "the calm before the storm"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Elmo wrote:
    Ok she has been in solitude for 16 years. Only if they them i.e. the other got her pregers could she have a young son. Possible, I suppose.
    Do you not remember her saying that they took her son?

I don't think it was Walt cos the kid we saw wasn't black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Mr Moon wrote:

I think that it was the body language he was understanding, the only word he seemed to say was "yes" and this was when it was fairly clear what was being said to him, even without words.

I thought that it was an ok episode.

Did the others' legs look fake, like they were CGI'd in to anybody else? something about them just looked pixely.

And Hurley. I think "legend" is the only word that can possibly come close to describing him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think the wee boy is the French lady's son... it just has to be :)

Was a bad episode if you ask me.

I hear episode 7 is meant to be... which is in two weeks time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Average episode but as someone described it 'the calm after the storm' - no point in revealing loads of stuff, I just want a normal episode and this one was a step towards that. Nothing much happened and I found the 'Sun losing her ring' story terribly done. it's not that it was boring (though slightly uninteresting :P) it's just that it wasn't emotional at all. i could predict everything that was to happen in that - obviously she was going to find it and I thought it might be where she buried the bottle.

Speaking of which, when she DID bury it the first time - we didn't need to SEE her do it...if you know what I mean.

Back to this episode, I liked the scenes with Jin and Mr Eko (who is SUPER cool!) He seems to be able to reason Michael into coming with them very easily! When they were hiding from the others I thought Jin was going to move or something and they'd be found! LOL

Jin DOES seem to be improving English well but don' forget that Sun gave him a notebook full of English phrases before he went on the raft. After being on an island full of English-speaking people, I'm sure he'd pick up SOME of the language. I know that's not an excuse but I don't think it's unusual he's developing his English. That said, I've been learning Irish for like 10 years and I'm ****e at it.

Lastly, what's with the teddy bear? Maybe I'm misreading the whole thing but I don't think it's Walt at all. First of all, the legs weren't black. Second of all, since when did he have a bear? Why would he have it with him? I certainly didn't seem him clutching it when they took him off the raft at the end of the first series. Also, was it just me or did the teddy bear have a knife/hook stucj through it...wasn't it being dragged along? I think it was one of the OTHERS carrying it...but who knows? It could be the french womans son.

I rated it as a 5...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

You know what I don't like really? Being lead along by the U.S. viewers with the promises of "oh, something good is coming". Other shows don't get such a luxury and, in reality, a show should have to deliver a quality product week-in week-out if it's to be worth watching. Otherwise every show would only have to put in one good episode out of every six, much like Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

The first time i wathced this I thought "meh". BBut i see now that it's a nice little episode and really sets up episode 6, 7 and 8 well WHICH ARE THE BEST EPISODES EVAR! Why didn't RTE show an ad for next weeks episode straight after? Episode 6 is just amazing. (NO SPOILERS :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The first time i wathced this I thought "meh". BBut i see now that it's a nice little episode and really sets up episode 6, 7 and 8 well WHICH ARE THE BEST EPISODES EVAR! Why didn't RTE show an ad for next weeks episode straight after? Episode 6 is just amazing. (NO SPOILERS :D )
    Really?! You sure you don't mean episode 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Mr. Moon, learning a foreign language by immersing yourself in it with few or no other people to converse with in your native tongue is entirely possible and is actually the best way of learning a new language. Using Korean as an example, I stopped over in Seoul for 1 night in January and, by the time we'd left the pub that evening - where nobody spoke English, incidentally - we had picked up a good few phrases, mainly related to ordering drink. Also, a lot of imported television shows (from what I saw anyway) are subtitled rather than dubbed so it is possible that Jin already had a smattering of English before arriving on the island.

Slurms et al., Alex was Danielle's daughter, not her son.

As others have pointed out, the skin tone of the person dragging the teddy along was not dark enough to be Walt.

Sofaspud, Jin said a good few other things in English as well, such as "You go back" to Eko. Also, the reason the "others" legs and gait look slightly odd is because they were filmed walking backwards and the footage was then played in reverse to make it look weird.

Killaqueen, we see Sun burying the bottle in "Everybody Hates Hugo" and, if you watch closely, you can see her ring disappear.

Finally, even before spotting the above after rewatching 2.04, it was obvious where Sun had lost her ring but I think the imprtant thing we were supposed to get from the search was the relevance of John's advice to her - she foud it after she stopped looking for it - which is also relevant to Michael temporarily giving up looking for Walt, a sign, perhaps, that Walt will show up again in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

MeTV wrote:
    Mr. Moon, learning a foreign language by immersing yourself in it with few or no other people to converse with in your native tongue is entirely possible and is actually the best way of learning a new language. Using Korean as an example, I stopped over in Seoul for 1 night in January and, by the time we'd left the pub that evening - where nobody spoke English, incidentally - we had picked up a good few phrases, mainly related to ordering drink. Also, a lot of imported television shows (from what I saw anyway) are subtitled rather than dubbed so it is possible that Jin already had a smattering of English before arriving on the island.

That's just what I was going to say. After I spent 5 weeks in Spain, even with English speaking people, I still picked up a fair bit of Spanish and could generally understand what was being said to me when someone spoke to me in spanish. Also, Jin's been on the island for around 50 days, so it would actually be stranger if he hadn't picked any up.

Isn't there some theory floating around the net about Jin actually being able to speak English and just pretending he can't for some reason or other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Faith wrote:
    Isn't there some theory floating around the net about Jin actually being able to speak English and just pretending he can't for some reason or other?
    A good few people have suggested it around about the place but I don't see it meself; Sun eventually gave herself away when put in a position where she did not have a choice and Jin's been in plenty of those situations himself where, logic dictates, he would have shown his hand. Besides, it's already been done with Sun to great effect; having Jin speak English would just be backtracking over an old twist and wouldn't have the same impact.

Advertisement