Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom trying to bill me multiple times for Hardware

• 13-03-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone else here has experienced the same;

Back in early Dec, I orderded a Neopia 3347 (Wireless modem) from Eircom. i waited a few weeks and no modem was delivered.

So, I rang them and asked them where it was, they said that an attempt to deliver it was made, but nobody was there to sign for it.

So, i asked them to send it out again. The modem arrived a week later.

Trouble is, a week after that ANNOTHER modem arrived. I promptly sent it back with a letter explaining what had happened, which noted the account number, as per their instructions.

However Eircom have debited my account for BOTH modems plus a 3346 which i never ordered in the first place.

So, Eircom have basically overibilled me (by direct debit unfortuantely) the sum of 201.81

Has this hapened to anyone else here?? Anecdotes, and or advice on how to sort this out would be most welcome

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

Ideally, you should have refused to sign for the second modem, that way the tracking status on the package would show that you did not receive it. Currently, Eircom look into the delivery records, they will actually see you took delivery of both packages. Did you send it back recorded?

First point of call should be your bank. Explain what they have done and request they pull the money back through the DD system.

Second is sit on the phone to Eircom and refuse to get off the phone until they have found the returned modem and have agreed that they are in the wrong and will return your money. You will probably have to demand to speak with a supervisor to get anything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robio

this problem is because of an post mostly (they should have left a card saying that you can collect the modem from the an post office in your area) that way you wouldnt have ordered another modem which it sounds like you did, but eircom will refund the money if you send the second modem back they can check your account for stuff like that and will see the mistake, call the billing dept or 1901 dont ring any of the eircom net support numbers it has nothing to do with eircom net. that may seem stupid but eircom net and eircom are kinda different companies and eircom look after the billing + the modem deliverys n stuff.

As for demanding a supervisor, forget it 99 time out of 100 you wont get one, and demanding things and not getting off the phone will piss the agent off even more (they are always pissed off) so the more you piss him/her off the less he/she will help you, trust me on that one.

Advertisement