Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just when you thought you couldn't be more ashamed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

They look tacky. There's no character in them. Then again, they're going to be credit cards, not wall hangings.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The third watchtower picture looks like it's watching me. Yes...it mostly comes at night...mostly...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

irlrobins wrote:
    Only one of us is blonde darling.... :p
    ROLF.

TBH Id love a Quinn school card and I know just the picture

http://file004.bebo.com/large/2005/12/06/22/20542645a76282965b951023678l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I also have a UCD Alumni Visa card, mine has the old logo and a nice picture of the lake and library ;) You can get it as part of a graduate account!

I won't be posting a picture of mine, but I am disappointed that irlrobins decided not to show everybody his credit card number!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

My brother (the comm graduate/favourite) had one a few years ago.
    I think they're a nice idea for those who want one.

Fountain ones all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

I want to forget this place as quickly as possible, so I can't really see myself carrying a picture of it around in my wallet.

But that's just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I am disappointed that irlrobins decided not to show everybody his credit card number!
    well I could post by credit limit but I wouldn't want you all to get jealous. :p
    Chances of me actually being able to pay off a bill at that limit are zero of course! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

irlrobins wrote:
    well I could post by credit limit but I wouldn't want you all to get jealous. :p
    Chances of me actually being able to pay off a bill at that limit are zero of course! :(

Ah you got the recent limit increase as well! Of course I would have no resaon to be jealous, I could only pay off my limit if I didn't eat, pay rent or generally do anything for 6 months!;)

Ah you got the recent limit increase as well!
    Yea well I generally get one every 6 months or so. As everyone does provided you pay your bill in full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

In a curious twist of circumstance, I can reveal that it was my own sister (a photographer) who was commissioned to take these photos for the affinity card. Fact.

Oh, for shame.

Vainglory wrote:
    Oh, for shame.

They're nice pics though. Nothing to be ashamed of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I like the way everyone assumes its part of the evil, hugh brady "corporate agenda".

There's been a UCD credit card for ages. A donation goes to UCD every time you use it (as far as I know) and as previously mentioned, it offers low rates to alumni.

I'm sick of misinformed idiots in UCD slamming a bit of positive marketing and constantly abusing Hugh Brady for doing his job. All colleges market. Look at Trinity for god's sakes.

TheVan wrote:
    A donation goes to UCD every time you use it (as far as I know)
    Yea ur right, I remember there were two choices where your donation would go to when I signed up for card. I think I choose the sports facilities fund or something....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

TheVan wrote:
    I like the way everyone assumes its part of the evil, hugh brady "corporate agenda".

There's been a UCD credit card for ages. A donation goes to UCD every time you use it (as far as I know) and as previously mentioned, it offers low rates to alumni.

I'm sick of misinformed idiots in UCD slamming a bit of positive marketing and constantly abusing Hugh Brady for doing his job. All colleges market. Look at Trinity for god's sakes.
    hear hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Panda100 wrote:
    hear hear

Thank you Panda! As you can see from my sig I've stopped caring but I may start caring again to start a "solidarity with Hugh Brady" sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

So what does everyone reckon - design 1 of the fountains?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Look how much better the Trinity one looks:
    2.Gold.

The trinity one is totally airbrushed-trinity doesnt look like that-ucd one is waaaay better!

irlrobins wrote:
    They're nice pics though. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    Agree-You should be mega proud of your talented sis vainglory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

europerson wrote:
    Look how much better the Trinity one looks:
    2.Gold.
    I don't like it, it's dull and dark... the UCD one might look dayglo when the crest is put in but it'll have more life...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

I like the standard, it's not as airbrushed as you might think, at dusk you can get really spectuacular pictures around trinity.

As for the gold card though, looks awful, almost happy I'm far to poor to have one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Maybe a picture of one of UCDs beautiful buildings

EDIT: They're all ugly grey cubes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

wow, star trek references...you must be a hit with the ladies

edit/ dont ask how i know its out of star trek :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

affluence!!!

ferdi wrote:

The Ladies do love it, they get pulled towards the Nerds by their tractor beam whilst the Nerds chant "resistance is futile" .. Mmmm Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

ahhh now I know why I'm addicted to boards...

/EDIT ah no I love ye all really..

Scraggs wrote:
    /EDIT ah no I love ye all really..
    I think you're confusing "love" with "stalk":p

And i think your confusing stalk with hunt :shiftyeyes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

ferdi wrote:

edit/ dont ask how i know its out of star trek :(
    Don't watch it actually. but the UCD artitect does.

Advertisement