Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car - Advice Please

Options
  • 13-03-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all

Am considering buying my first car and need your advice.

The thing is I know little or nothing about cars other than how to drive one. I've never been into the whole car thing - I'm only buying out of necessity...

Not really bothered about looks/specs/age, once it's reliable. I'm more interested in getting on the road at minimal cost (4000 incl. insurance if possible but neg.). Will be doing the odd Dublin/Cork trip so will need something that can handle motorway speeds without falling apart.

My details are as follows:
    25 years old
    Full licence for 4 years
    Named driver for 3+ years
    No NCB

Been looking on carzone/autotrader and am thinking of colt/polo territory but don't really have a clue to be honest...

What say ye?
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement