Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q+A (Queer And Alternative) - April 7th

Options
  • 14-03-2006 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

CLAP YOUR HANDS, SAY YEAH! Dublin's only gay indie night, Q+A (Queer and Alternative) returns to the Temple Bar Music Centre on Friday April 7th. The club will spin the latest and greatest rock and pop tunes plus will feature album giveaways from rock band 'The Yeah Yeah Yeahs' and 'Morrissey' plus surprises galore.

PRE-PARTY

You wait 4 months for a Q+A night and 2 come along at once! (well sort of) Friday April 7th will be known as national gay indie day as Q+A launches its first ever Pre-Party in GUBU on Capel Street. The party will run from 8 to 11 and will feature the coolest music on the planet, plus exclusive giveaways and cheap drink promotions. It’ll be the only place to get hold of Q+A discount vouchers, so be sure to get in early!

QandA.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

can u give a general list of what bands wud be played?:D

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

yay cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

general list of the bands being played?
    Its a mix of rock, indie, pop

Rock = placebo, muse, NIN, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Hole, etc...
    Indie = Arctic Monkeys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Smiths, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, etc...
    Pop = Scissor Sisters, Eurythmics, Golfrapp, Basement Jaxx

i think

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Shame QnA isnt on more offen since its probably the only good gay club in dublin :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Prolly be along to this one as usual. Never had a bad time there, as far as I can recall, in all its various incarnations...

Speaking of which - Bring back Sharpshooters! That was a much better Tues. nite than Glitz could ever hope to be. And ya got to be that bit more alternative/heavy than Q&A normally does (go on Vinnie and Colm, ya know I want you ta...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

and I never had a good time there... ^_^

gawd i HATE QnA ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

azezil wrote:

Yeah a Q+A crowd can be less vapid and a tad bit more cultured.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

azezil wrote:

gawd i HATE QnA ¬_¬

Silly pinky. Q&A = fab.

The end.

ixoy wrote:
    Speaking of which - Bring back Sharpshooters! That was a much better Tues. nite than Glitz could ever hope to be. And ya got to be that bit more alternative/heavy than Q&A normally does (go on Vinnie and Colm, ya know I want you ta...).

Yea totally agree sharpshooters was a wiched night, i used to be a regular head there every tuesday but vinne n colm cant start it up again because QnA is their thing not sharpshooters. It was rentecta and johnny who used to run sharpshooters while QnA was out of action.

I do like QnA but the lads have to play alot of music to cater for most the gayers if they wanna fill the place up. Sharpshooters on the other hand didnt play anyway pop or chart stuff at all but they'd be lucky to have 5 people on the dancefloor...eamonn dorans was such a good venue too.

Sharpshooters would work in the likes of london where you have enough people like us to fill up the place...like duckie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Looks like everyone is going to Q&A, and since theres been no word back on the queerbeers thing, I'll probably pop along to this instead.

• Advertisement

sharpshooters died a death after a few months,
    people are all talk but in reality would only go out one tuesday in a blue moon!

Weekly Indie clubs gay or straight just dont cut the mustard - check out antics in the pod on wednesdays, it's always half empty! What the city needs is a weekly indie club but on Friday or Saturday (and i dont mean whealans)

damien.m wrote:
    Yeah a Q+A crowd can be less vapid and a tad bit more cultured.
    Actually its the paying €15 to stand in a hallway and the moany anxt filled "music" I don't enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I had some of my worst nights out ever at this place.....overpriced entrance/drink and dingy surroundings....

azezil - yer gaydar profile says u HATE indie music - so why'd u go?
    Course ur not gonna have a good time!
    It'd be like going to a cake factory if you dont like cakes?

FYI - its a tenner in - cheaper than ur fave club 'glitz' last tuesday!
    twas never 15 quid! ur mixing it up with tease or somethin else!

and the pre party yolk in Gubu is free

Glitz... what the hell, haven't been there in 2 years :)

Yes I do indeed hate indie music but went to QnA for change of scene and not one to knock something after just one go I went a second time and had just as crappy a time.

LiouVille wrote:
    Looks like everyone is going to Q&A, and since theres been no word back on the queerbeers thing, I'll probably pop along to this instead.

Q&A is on the friday and queer beers is on the saturday so could go to both :p

This might (or might not) be of interest to some folk...

‘This Friday Q+A (Queer and Alternative) will exclusively play the brand new single from ‘The Red Hot Chilli Peppers’

“Dani California” is due for release on April 28th, but fans can get an early hearing at the Q+A pre-party in GUBU from 8.

Afterwards, at the main event Q+A in the Temple Bar Music Centre, there will be a chance to win exclusive RHCP CD Samplers and Tshirts - none of which are available in shops!

There are also new albums and T-shirts from The Streets, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Morrissey and the Flaming Lips to give away.

More info on www.QueerAndAlternative.com'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

God, i love Q+A :) Danced all night the last time - hope they play loads of Monkeys/Kaiser/HardFi - plus i'm going thru a Sufjan and B+S phase so I might try the pre party thing and see if they'll take requests :D

speedy21 wrote:
    This Friday Q+A (Queer and Alternative) will exclusively play the brand new single from ‘The Red Hot Chilli Peppers'

RHCPs music just seems to bore me ever since it went all charty...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

speedy21 wrote:
    This Friday Q+A (Queer and Alternative) will exclusively play the brand new single from ‘The Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ “Dani California” is due for release on April 28th, but fans can get an early hearing at the Q+A pre-party in GUBU from 8.

As carbonkid said they have gone very "charty" if this is anything to go by. Reasonable enough song (1 line I think very clever) but its like what happens with an awful lot of REM or Manic Street Preachers songs, it sounds like RHCP but even thats not a good thing, instantly stale. ANd like we needed another song referring to California ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement