Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA tourney...

• 14-03-2006 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Anyone watching 'march madness'?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Goebels wrote:
    Anyone watching 'march madness'?

Haven't seen any college ball since Vince-sanity and Jamison were with the tar heels, should really watch it more often as its usually better basketball than the NBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Yeh, Hampton lost the opener last night, not that it matters much, Villanova will beat Monmouth.

I've money on North Carolina to win overall. Keep an eye on the Atlanta bracket, there'll be a few interesting matchups there IMHO. There's some excellent teams on that side of the draw:

Duke, Syracuse, Texas, LSU, Iowa, NC State

I've got Duke to win the Atlantic, Gonzaga to take the Oakland bracket, North Carolina to take Washington and Villanova to take Minneapolis. We'll see how it pans out :)

See http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/brackets/ for the brackets.

Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

If you don't have NASN you can watch it for free here:

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod

Betfair are giving odds of 17/1 on North Carolina.

Ahh well, Carolina went out early.. Handy little image that's updated all the time with the current standings at:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/mayhem/brackets/viewable_men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 meckbah

Watching BC - Nova right now, need BC badly in this game. Already lost Pitt and Duke from my final four.

CBS also have live free streaming

• Advertisement

NCAAsports.com's service is great! Can't find a way to select what game you wanna watch though, so I've been using NASN mostly to watch the games.

I've lost all of my final four selections, bar Villanova, who are playing now against Florida State. In two minds about this one, like Floridas young team, but Villanova is my last hope!

Just watched the George Mason game unbelievably beating UConn ... great game, went into overtime. Little bit of trivia - George Mason's coach Larranaga is the father of Jay and Jon Larranaga who play on the Irish international team.

Phil.

So Florida take the honours in two not very tight games against George Mason in the Final Four and UCLA in the championship decider. After an unbelievable final 64, 32 and sweet 16 with some cracking rounds, the last 3 games were won pretty early on.

Expect to see Noah going pro either this year or next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I was listening to Howard Stern earlier and one of the guys on the show stuck $7000 on the over (128 points) and won $15,000 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

limerick lions point guard robert taylor was in dukes squad last season

Advertisement