Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinding methods.

Options
  • 14-03-2006 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

I've just spent pretty much the whole day grinding and farming on the shimmering flats. I made two levels and almost 13 gold with another 5 items in the AH going for about 1.3 gold each. Not bad if I don't mind saying so myself for a level 31. Anyway, the point is that it would have been impossible to do with out a good playlist to listen to while I was hardcore grinding and farming. I think the trick is to have a good playlist about 3 hours long on repeat. If you have a shorter one that's playing on repeat you tend to get sick of the songs and get I think you notice the boredom a lot more. If you have a longer playlist you don't tend to notice the songs repeating and it helps you almost get in to an automatic mode where you get in to an routine of automatically killing mobs. The more you get in to this trans of mob to mob you really don't notice the boredom and the time and it flys by. What's your grinding / farming secret or method?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Farm for 30 minutes, get bored, join pvp. Can farm ok though when with other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Grinding is killing mob after mob for experience points to try and level rather than doing quests. It's handy if you're too low a level for a quest or something or just if you want to speed through levels and avoid running about doing quests in general.

Farming is killing mob after mob for the stuff they drop. You can farm for specific items which will sell well in the Auction House. I've seen videos of some really class farmers who stealthed in to an instance somewhere and killed three quys who have a really high drop rate for a sword which sells for about 9g in the Auction House. He would literally kill the mob and leg it away and make so much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Grinding is the idea of killing mobs 1-3 levels below you. They die fast and you can usually kill 10-15 without having to take any kind of significant pause (depending on your class).

Then you can sell the items you get from them for money and hopefully some green/blue/purple items too. Then on top of this you get xp.

In general, grinding is alot better xp per hour than questing simple because you just dont stop killing. Unfortunately, this is what tends to put people off of it as the reptition can make you want to ram a pencil into your forehead.

Hence the original topic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Binomate wrote:
    I've seen videos of some really class farmers who stealthed in to an instance somewhere and killed three quys who have a really high drop rate for a sword which sells for about 9g in the Auction House. He would literally kill the mob and leg it away and make so much money.

Links please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Ivan wrote:
    Links please :D
    Can't remember exactly where it was that I saw the video but there are plenty here. Some fellas making 5g in ten minutes. All they have to do is keep stealthing to the last boss then stealth back out, reset the instance and do it all over again untill their bags are full. I think alot of these farming tricks have been fixed by blizzard though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Binomate wrote:
    Can't remember exactly where it was that I saw the video but there are plenty here. Some fellas making 5g in ten minutes. All they have to do is keep stealthing to the last boss then stealth back out, reset the instance and do it all over again untill their bags are full. I think alot of these farming tricks have been fixed by blizzard though.

Grinding is a nightmare beyond all nightmares. But it's the only way to go. Nothing worse then being on a new level. ANd getting a quest.. Bring this letter to someone 10 mins away, across 2 bird rides. And then he tells you to go somewhere else, so after about 15-20 mins you have gotten maybe 2k xp. But then if you go to a grinding spot you can get the same amount or more in a shorter time. And then you have to move on to different areas, and start the little crappy quests in that area againm and then spend hours looking for groups to do elite quests etc...

with grinding, you get constant xp coming in all the time. It is boring, but at least you know how long until your next lvl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Hmm, 5g for 10 minutes.. might aswell do maraudon farming runs. 10g in about 14

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I really don't see the point in playing the game grinding for lvl's if you find it boring. Surely you'd find the whole game boring then? Grouping and instances ftw tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

I really don't see the point in playing the game grinding for lvl's if you find it boring. Surely you'd find the whole game boring then? Grouping and instances ftw tbh.

True, was i was doing from lvl30 up to about 38 (when i hit it) is go to IF and look for a SM group, if you can't find one in about 10 mins, head out grinding for an hour and then try again in IF. Best time to grind is when there isn't many people online

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I find there's no real need to grind until about level 55. The solo content after that is nothing short of non-existent. I hated it.. and never ever want to see Winterspring again.

Started a lowbie alt, and I find questing to be actually quicker if you install a QuestLevel mod and do them in the order of lowest level first. Plus, most quests are just a grind anyway, only with an added chunk of XP at the end.

Farming is a different story. I cry thinking about it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement