Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line just got upgraded

• 14-03-2006 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Well been with eircom since the beginning and we are finally getting to some respectable speeds.
    My line has just gone from 3mbs to 6mbs.Happy days.I guess this is a response to the NTL rumoured upgrade.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

where are you? eircom dont do 6mb broadband. could you maybe post a screenshot of your connection from irishisptest.com or do a few ping tests to eircom and jolt?

also go to your modem login page and tell us what is it reporting and possible screenshot?
    login page http://192.168.1.254/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Gonzo wrote:
    where are you? eircom dont do 6mb broadband. could you maybe post a screenshot of your connection from irishisptest.com or do a few ping tests to eircom and jolt?

yeah im curious too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Gonzo wrote:

also go to your modem login page and tell us what is it reporting and possible screenshot?
    login page http://192.168.1.254/

... OP: can you post a screenshot of your stats on eircom's website? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

OP = troll, until proven otherwise

OK, you're not a troll, just your modem messing with you.

troll

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

eircom7gx.jpg

speed4gq.jpg

Well I'm hoping it does fulfill what the modem seems to think the max speed is.The line was unstable and dropping before I noticed the change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I think your modem is telling you porkies.
    The speed test results would indicate you're on a 3mb/384k connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah and the exchanges are only setup at the moment for a max speed of 5MB. So 6 would be impossible.

Advertisement