Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Mech1 wrote:
    woodstown
    knocklyon
    D16
    Didn't someone say they'd do it alphabetically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 raz6

In Coolamber, Knocklyon. Have not been upgraded yet.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Well maybe when people post their upgrade event they could provide an neighbourhood name and the first letter of their surname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

maybe if they get upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Wizoom

What areas of Dublin are NTL active in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dub45 wrote:
    What model no is the Netgear router they supply?

WGR 614 v6:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

you don't have to wait until Monday to be upgraded,..you can DIY until midnight
    here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

lensman wrote:
    you don't have to wait until Monday to be upgraded,..you can DIY until midnight
    here

this didnt work for me, work for anyone?

" ntl: Broadband Internet - Connection Speed Upgrade

We are currently unable to change the speed of your connection online.
    "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

didn't work for me either, same error...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

of course it won't work,..;) ;) don't you remember what day it is ? :p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Lensman wins, fatality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

lensman wrote:
    of course it won't work,..;) ;) don't you remember what day it is ? :p:p:p

yup but aren't those joke to be before 12pm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

didn't work for me either, same error...

Link was for uk.
    Maybe...Heres the equivalent Irish Link, - but I havent tried it myself as I cannot find my my ntl
    "welcome letter" which u need. *Not tested* Use it at your own perl. It will most likely reset all your ntl free webspace and @ntlworld.ie email box.

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cable_ie

I rang NTL friday and was told its about 2 weeks before they upgrade existing customers. But those that contact them will be put on the list to do within the next two working days...

NTL is the slowest Ive ever seen it today (Friday) - speed test show less than 1M and I always got almost full 3M, hope it temporary and they havent screwed up everything - I would have been happy with doubling the upload speed only and leaving full 3M download ...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok so some of us have been told that we will be upgraded on Monday, does that mean we will need to leave our NTL modem powered up all day? Or say if your at work and you have it plugged out will you miss the upgrade?

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've been away and couldn't be bothered checking through this whole thread. ;)

I noticed that NTL's BB info page now lists the new packages so they are definitely coming. No upgrade here though (Temple Bar). :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Ok so some of us have been told that we will be upgraded on Monday, does that mean we will need to leave our NTL modem powered up all day? Or say if your at work and you have it plugged out will you miss the upgrade?

Cheers

Snake ;)

Upgrades will occur whether or not your modem is on at the exact time the upgrades take place.

ozmo wrote:
    Link was for uk.
    Maybe...Heres the equivalent Irish Link, - but I havent tried it myself as I cannot find my my ntl
    "welcome letter" which u need. *Not tested* Use it at your own perl. It will most likely reset all your ntl free webspace and @ntlworld.ie email box.

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cable_ie

did anyone try this?

i love the way the have a DIFFERENT answer for everyone that rings, even making up the first thing that came into their heads wouldn't achieve that. i reckon they plan it like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

im in stillorgan, no speed increase so far :( anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

okcomputer wrote:
    did anyone try this?

the word register is the giveaway here, its for registering for email

• Advertisement

anyone........? mine is coming this week I've been told by the sales person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I just called sales and asked. They took my account number and said they'd upgrade it and it should be done by the end of the week.

I'm not sure if this is true or if it was to fob me off but I'll keep you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dillon_the_rabb

Hi all.

Funny, I just called them aswell, and got the same sort of response. I think it is a case of we are doing the best we can, it will just take time.

Another thing the guy told me is that as I am on 2mb at the mo, I can expect to be upgraded to 6mb down, 512kb up and a cap of 40gb/month. If this is the case, I am gonna be one happy dude!!!

Cheers

Matt
    aka
    DTR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

does anyone know what the new upload speeds will be for each of the 4 options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

In Waterford....my speeds have dropped from the normally rock solid 1.96-1.98 and 99% Qos to 1.84 and 83% Qos :(
    Thats with that Black Knight test thingy btw.
    I'm not too worried though as when they're tarting about with the lines you gotta expect some disruption.....Fingers crossed.

paulm17781 wrote:
    I just called sales and asked. They took my account number and said they'd upgrade it and it should be done by the end of the week.

I'm not sure if this is true or if it was to fob me off but I'll keep you posted.

got the same info from them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rocketman

I got upgraded this afternoon to 6mb from 3mb....Shouldn't have bothered getting upgraded as you can see from the speed test below.

Download: 429 kpbs
    Upload: 474 kbps

I am in Castleknock.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

irishisptest isnt working right for ntl users at the moment i think.
    try www.speedtest.ie

rocketman wrote:
    I got upgraded this afternoon to 6mb from 3mb....Shouldn't have bothered getting upgraded as you can see from the speed test below.

Download: 429 kpbs
    Upload: 474 kbps

I am in Castleknock.......

I'm in Castleknock no upgrade here mate! relax about the speeds it fixes itself after a few days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement