Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bps
    Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Drapper wrote:
    Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bps
    Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bps

I'm sure you must be very proud:p

I'm sure you must be very proud:p

Well thats the modem settings but I'm hovering around the 6meg

tbh I'm not a download freak but it does help for teleworking with AutoCAD ect ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

LookingFor wrote:
    You have to ask to be upgraded? :confused: :rolleyes:

Why not read the thread?

Drapper wrote:
    Well thats the modem settings but I'm hovering around the 6meg

tbh I'm not a download freak but it does help for teleworking with AutoCAD ect ect

I'd like the convenience of a faster speed although i could live without it but this whole upgrade process looks like it was organised by a room of children.

• Advertisement

I'd like the convenience of a faster speed although i could live without it but this whole upgrade process looks like it was organised by a room of children.

true but those children have a job to do and they must roll it out at an aceeptable rate so as the whole thing does not go belly up like parts of the UK!

and those children have heated up the market ............ so I like children :p

Drapper wrote:
    true but those children have a job to do and they must roll it out at an aceeptable rate so as the whole thing does not go belly up like parts of the UK!

and those children have heated up the market ............ so I like children :p

The kids are alright;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

LookingFor wrote:
    You have to ask to be upgraded? :confused: :rolleyes:
    Just off the phone with support - 'It doesn't go through automatically, I can put your details through and it'll be done within the next 2 working days'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

get on to tech support, not sales and ask them to upgrade you

stebishop wrote:
    get on to tech support, not sales and ask them to upgrade you
    Is this a reply to me? I was on to tech support, and it'll take up to 2 days for the request to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

Has anyone on the 1Mb service been moved up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Just off the phone with support - 'It doesn't go through automatically, I can put your details through and it'll be done within the next 2 working days'
    this is a crazy situation, are we talking about the free
    upgrade here ie: 1 to 2, 2 to 3 & 3 to 6mb ? or are some of you asking to be moved to a higher subscription package also ? there seem to be two streams of posts within this thread.
    I am on the 2mb package costing E29.99 a month so do I have to call NTL and request the FREE upgrade to 3mb ? there are lots of contradictory posts here which is very confusing :confused::confused::(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

lensman wrote:
    upgrade here ie: 1 to 2, 2 to 3 & 3 to 6mb ? or are some of you asking to be moved to a higher subscription package also ? there seem to be two streams of posts within this thread.
    I am on the 2mb package costing E29.99 a month so do I have to call NTL and request the FREE upgrade to 3mb ? there are lots of contradictory posts here which is very confusing :confused::confused::(:(

Call them yourself and ask. Best way to find out. :)

lensman wrote:
    I was talking about the free upgrade from 3 to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

paulm17781 wrote:
    Call them yourself and ask. Best way to find out. :)
    ok just called NTL BB tech support, gave my details, asked for clarifaction on this free speed upgrade,
    I was told my details have been forwarded to the dept dealing with the upgrades
    and to give it 24/48hrs.
    So us mugs on the 2mb package are going from 2 to 3mb :( while all the others
    are having their speed doubled :mad:

another speed test site
    http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just to point out that taking time to upgrade isn't unique to NTL.

BT and AOL in the uk are going to take months to upgrade all their customer to "upto" 8m packages:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/05/bt_broadband/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

lensman wrote:
    are we talking about the free
    upgrade here ie: 1 to 2, 2 to 3 & 3 to 6mb ?

yeah, im already on 3 meg and was asking about the move to 6
    also it was the tech dept i was on to - they gave me the 48 hours, correct dept line

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

what number do you ring to talk to someone about the upgrade? I rang, got sales, they put me through to Customer Care who then tried to put me back to sales and eventually she just fobbed me off with a 'sure it'll happen when it happens' tale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 raz6

raz6 wrote:
    Tech support and sales go off about 8.00. For anyone who isn't aware, there is a direct line to broadband support, its 1800 924 424. Saves a lot of time.

ok!?

LFCFan wrote:
    what number do you ring to talk to someone about the upgrade? I rang, got sales, they put me through to Customer Care who then tried to put me back to sales and eventually she just fobbed me off with a 'sure it'll happen when it happens' tale.

1800 924 424 got me through direct to tech support yest evening

• Advertisement

untitled1dl.gif

:D Upgraded in D15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

Drapper wrote:
    untitled1dl.gif

:D Upgraded in D15

look at your quality of service though. its only 56%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

tabatha wrote:

He's getting what he's paying for so no complaining. :D

JPA wrote:
    He's getting what he's paying for so no complaining. :D

got 8mb last night at about 11 until after lunch to-day ! only dropped back to 6mb at the peak time !

drapper did you ring up to be upgraded or was it just done for you, if so when did you ring / how long did it take?

I rang them earlier, they said it would take a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

tabatha wrote:

The quality of service measure on that applet seems to mean absolutely nothing.

I get 0 packet loss on my connection and that applet gives me totally random QOS figures, same with any eircom or esat line i've seen. None of them drop packets but that applet seems to think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

i called at 7pm on monday night and I havent been upgraded yet , looks like 48 hours is a con :(

drapper did you ring up to be upgraded or was it just done for you, if so when did you ring / how long did it take?

I have a contact in NTL.........

• Advertisement

handy....
    i forgot, you heard about this first!

Advertisement