Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

handy....
    i forgot, you heard about this first!

but be patient as I've said it not a simple click of the switch for the upgrade! it takes a number of days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Signed up to NTL on 1st of March, rang up to be upgraded and was told I'd lose my first 3 months free offer if I got upgraded...something stinks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

thewing wrote:
    Signed up to NTL on 1st of March, rang up to be upgraded and was told I'd lose my first 3 months free offer if I got upgraded...something stinks..

That doesn't sound right. Did they give a reason?

Nope, just said that if I wanted an upgrade I'd have to wait.

thewing wrote:
    Nope, just said that if I wanted an upgrade I'd have to wait.

What package did you sign up for? If it wasn't the 3 meg at the start then they're probably right.

• Advertisement

Signed up for 3MB

Presumably if these upgrades are now advertised, i should be on 6MB now

Telling me I'll lose an advertised special offer if I get upgraded as I'm entitled to be, sounds a bit dodgy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

thewing wrote:
    Signed up for 3MB

Telling me I'll lose an advertised special offer if I get upgraded as I'm entitled to be, sounds a bit dodgy.

Call them back. According to their web page you should be paying for the 6mb package.

thewing wrote:
    Signed up for 3MB

Ya call them back. What one person says is not necassarily what the company says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

JPA wrote:
    What one person says is not necassarily what the company says.

Should be NTLs slogan :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 raz6

Its been 48 hrs for me now and still no upgrade :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i called them yesterday and he guy said that u cant just ring and ask to be upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

tabatha wrote:
    i called them yesterday and he guy said that u cant just ring and ask to be upgraded.

hang up, ring again, talk to someone else...

tabatha wrote:
    i got told you have to ring up and ask to be upgraded
    seems they really just do say whatever comes into their head:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 poison-inside

raz6 wrote:
    Its been 48 hrs for me now and still no upgrade :(

im the same its been 57 hours now and nothin and i was told within the next 48. :mad:

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

A couple of months? According to their webpage, 6mb costs €39.99 p/m. I am paying that for 3mb. Either I get upgraded or I get a discount. I may have to call them again tonight!

If they aren't providing this to all customers, it shouldn't be advertised on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i think they need to make some kind of announcement on their website or something before they start to get an IBB reputation for customer support :(

i want my upgrade now! :D

been over 48 hours now.... no sign

dont think it could take a couple of months either though. the people on the phone are just saying whatever comes to their head....
    NTL seems very badly managed internally. It shouldnt take too much to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

I called last nite 7pm ish

Nice lady on the phone she said my account details would be forwarded to the department doing the upgrades and it would take longer then 48 hours most likely 3 - 4 days because of the number of upgrade requests and also their own upgrade roll out program...

Id give it a week and see what happens, Im steady on 3m here in Dub 24, so for now im happy :)

I do think that they should release a statement explaining exactly whats going on, new customers get instant upgrade and existing loyal customers cant get a straight answer ?? it stinks ....

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭realsubzero

well i rang on friday and was told 48 hours, its now 6 days later and no sign, i rang on tuesday and they said they would sort it immediately, still nothing, but everytime i call i get a different answer, i actually called last wednesday and a guy actually told me that no upgrades where planned at all, it was all rumour, then the next day they were announced, NTL really need to sort out their customer services, its terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

Mistmyr wrote:
    I called last nite 7pm ish

Nice lady on the phone she said my account details would be forwarded to the department doing the upgrades and it would take longer then 48 hours most likely 3 - 4 days because of the number of upgrade requests and also their own upgrade roll out program...

Id give it a week and see what happens, Im steady on 3m here in Dub 24, so for now im happy :)

I do think that they should release a statement explaining exactly whats going on, new customers get instant upgrade and existing loyal customers cant get a straight answer ?? it stinks ....

Misty

exactly. i called today and made the exact same point, i even suggested that i might disconnect and reconnect so i can be a precious new customer and get the 6mb.

i didn't even mention the obvious point that i'm paying the price of the 6mb for half the service.

in fairness he got my point and forwarded a request somewhere, i'm not unreasonable and will give them a few days but i do expect to either be on the 6mb in the next few work days or on the lesser subscription fee for the 3mb service, simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

well i rang on friday and was told 48 hours, its now 6 days later and no sign, i rang on tuesday and they said they would sort it immediately, still nothing, but everytime i call i get a different answer, i actually called last wednesday and a guy actually told me that no upgrades where planned at all, it was all rumour, then the next day they were announced, NTL really need to sort out their customer services, its terrible

Rang Tech Support last Friday - was told 3m to 6m would be done in 2 days, "id be on priority".
    Rang Sales on Wednesday 9am - told it would take 2 days. Now friday again tomorrow and no upgrade :(
    Id call them more often but I hate being on hold for 20 mins at a time.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote:
    but I hate being on hold for 20 mins at a time.

who do you know to get through so quick :o

took 40 minutes when i tried....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Couldnt be aRsed to ring them and waiting.I just emailed them and got the same as some on here
    Thank you for your e-mail.

I have now requested to have your speed increased this will take 24-48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

bbspeed1yv.th.jpg

happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

well like most of you, I also rang up and talked to a nice lady she told me 48 hours, it's been 24 hours now and no update yet anyway, fingers crossed it will come tomorrow, but after reading what you lot have said it seems doubtful it'll come

seems like ntl are just telling us "48 hours" just to shut us up for 2 days and leave them alone lol :D

I agree with you guys who say this was poorly planned, it should not be advertised on their website before paying customers even get the chance to upgrade. So not fair that new customers are getting the upgraded speed at the same price we pay for the slower speed :\

as for those of you who are saying the speed has been crap lately, I'm in Knocklyon, and no problems here, dead steady 3.08mbps as always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

you have to ring up during the day before 5 and you have to speak to broadband support, i rang today and a guy upgraded me on the spot. I told him i had already been given the 48 hours line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

aaha.. another attempt.. 4th attempt i guess... was given 48hrs timeframe... good luck to myself.. althou i don't believe it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

mart_max wrote:
    aaha.. another attempt.. 4th attempt i guess... was given 48hrs timeframe... good luck to myself.. althou i don't believe it..

Rang this morning at 9. actually got a call back at 10 (wow!) said their systems for updating users were broken til tuesday, but it would be done then.

Dodgy excuses or what? :eek:

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

This is getting rather frustrating. NTL are known for good service but this really isn't helping their image. :confused:

Advertisement