Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

paulm17781 wrote:
    This is getting rather frustrating. NTL are known for good service but this really isn't helping their image. :confused:
    NTL are legendary for having horrible horrible customer service, its just when the internet works , it works good and you tend not to have problems....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Downstream 7236 Kbps (904.5 KB/sec) 7814 Kbps (inc. overheads)
    Upstream 483 Kbps (60.4 KB/sec) 521 Kbps (inc. overheads)

adsl speed test ! hang in there lads its worth it ! (me thinks they are strss testing the new speeds witha few before the switch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

and the award for the "worst rollout ever goes to...." :mad:
    come back eircom all is forgiven....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

and the award for the "worst rollout ever goes to...." :mad:

Clearly you have forgotten about Eircom's DSL rollout. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

sent and email to support asking what the story is with the upgrades and got this reponse a few mins ago.

Thank you for your email. The speeds are automatically being upgraded within the next coming weeks. However if you forward on your account number i can request for your speed to be upgraded within the next 2 working days.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 321 321 or once again e-mail us on customer.support@ntl.ie

Kind regards,

NTL Customer Support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

This is getting rather frustrating. NTL are known for good service but this really isn't helping their image.
    NTL customer support is appalling, they are just lucky to have decent tech and a good network.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Clearly you have forgotten about Eircom's DSL rollout. :p

true ( god yeah ur right! )... need to adjust that a little meant rollout... of upgrade

the eircom upgrade went great in jan... happened exactly when they said it would ( for me anyway ) and was instantly was fast as it was supposed to be... and they did the whole country in 24 hours

ZygOte wrote:
    sent and email to support asking what the story is with the upgrades and got this reponse a few mins ago.

i emailed first thing this morning and didnt even get a reply.:( useless cs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

i emailed first thing this morning and didnt even get a reply.:( useless cs

dont feel so bad :) i emailed them yesterday at about lunchtime and got that response this afternoon. yarghhh they be slow.

ZygOte wrote:
    dont feel so bad :) i emailed them yesterday at about lunchtime and got that response this afternoon. yarghhh they be slow.

ahh... thought you mailed today too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

ZygOte wrote:

I emailed them also (so thats 3 phone calls over the past week- 2 were "no probs be done in two days"and 1 "all our stuff is broken, cannot be fixed for 2 days")
    So I emailed them Response to email was back in under 30 mins - said they were sorry, but were inundated with requests and would be all done eventually, but dont know when.
    Why can this process not be automated? really odd rollout procedures.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

On Monday I was told "By the end of the week". Nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

I'm well happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

you have to talk to the broadband support people, not sales or customer service. they are only there certain hours, i mon-sat 9-5

i was....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I sent an email this morning and got an auto responce straight away with a tracking no. for my query. Maybe monday or tuesday?

customer.support@ntl.ie

if ur lucky....
    i got an auto response 2 working days ago and no response yet:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Not even in jest.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

NTl was down for me today here in waterford for three or four hours and now im only getting 1.5 mb down and im on the MAX package!!!!.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

NTl was down for me today here in waterford for three or four hours and now im only getting 1.5 mb down and im on the MAX package!!!!.

Mine has been working fine all day but since about 7.30 my speeds are exactly the same as yours. I am also on the max package. My download speeds are between 50 and 65KBps which is pure ****e.

Also in Waterford btw.

yup gone to sh1t :-)

but ............. it all goes slow before the burst..................

I'm getting about 1/5 a mb on the download !

Well its good to know its not just me then.
    Draapper not to be too cynicle but people have been saying that for a good few weeks now, i hope your right though.

hope soo as my modem has 10mb settings (getting 6mb) and 512 up and its down the same as yours !

can't see why its gone so slow!

Whats weird though is that i got 400 kb upstream when i normally cant finish thath test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

In Waterford also, on the 2Mb package but am getting about 512k down speeds with 200 up. QoS is about 30%
    Hope this clears soon.

I am now getting between 2.09 and 3.06mb down.Im sometimes getting over 3 mb now does this mean that ive had my upgrade already and that thats all my speed increase is going to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

umm where are you testing your speed from? try heanet's ftp....
    (get a big file and leave it run for a few mins and get the speed it stabileizes out at)

• Advertisement

Im testing form irish isp test.

Advertisement