Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

I'm on ntlhm120_ntl0002.cpr but still with the 3MB speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

10MB baby!! :D

Network Access : Enabled
    Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000 bps
    Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000 bps
    Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
    Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0003.cpr
    Software Upgrade AdminStatus : allowProvisioningUpgrade
    Software Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromProvisioning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

did you do anything special to get it to work? i have rebooted my modem nearly everydate for the last couple of weeks, and no difference! in D24 ATM. stebishop: where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

What's your location?

Where you getting above info?

im in templeogue, i rang on friday and asked to be upgraded from middle to top tier.. got impatient and rang today to try hurry it along.. spent 45 mins being bounced around until finally getting on to a guy in cable modem support. he did it over the phone... i actually got cut off while he was doing it because i use voip. 30 sec after getting cut off, checked the stats page and that was that

screencap.JPG

• Advertisement

i have the gray 120 modem. the firmware seems to have been upgraded from
    001 to 003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

stebishop wrote:
    im in templeogue, i rang on friday and asked to be upgraded from middle to top tier.. got impatient and rang today to try hurry it along.. spent 45 mins being bounced around until finally getting on to a guy in cable modem support. he did it over the phone... i actually got cut off while he was doing it because i use voip. 30 sec after getting cut off, checked the stats page and that was that

screencap.JPG

Which stats page?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

http://192.168.100.1/CmOpConfig.asp
    username=root
    password=root

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

are they only upgrading the users on 3mb package? I'm in the 2Mb in Aylesbury in Dublin 24

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

2 meg is going to become 4 meg i believe.
    also 1 meg will be 2 meg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

2 meg is going to become 4 meg i believe.

Everybody else believes that 2 meg is being upgraded to 3 meg (see the first post, also see here).

BTW, don't know why you're posting this information.

why not?

Errr? Because it's already been posted in the first post in this thread and a couple of times elsewhere, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to post it again in the same thread. The reason I pointed it out is because it looks like he's trying to clarify something but I can't see what.

????

ntl.JPG

the connection keeps dropping out like it has been in england. i have to power cycle it to get a connection back. when i download at full speed for a few minutes the connection just stops.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=348470

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭JPA

stebishop wrote:
    ntl.JPG

the connection keeps dropping out like it has been in england. i have to power cycle it to get a connection back. when i download at full speed for a few minutes the connection just stops.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=348470

The upload test doesn't work if you're using Opera. Try FF or IE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Still on 3Mb in Sandyford :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Mossy wrote:
    Errr? Because it's already been posted in the first post in this thread and a couple of times elsewhere, and there doesn't seem to be any reason to post it again in the same thread. The reason I pointed it out is because it looks like he's trying to clarify something but I can't see what.

????

The "proposed" NTL 6Mbit connections is clearly a 10Mbit connection and its not a big jump to suggest that the "proposed" NTL 3Mbit connection will be a 4Mbit connection and similar for the "proposed" 1Mbit connection actually being a 2Mbit connection.

As said before...the netowrk might struggle when everyone gets the new packages....so synching at 10Mbit and always getting that speed are 2 different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

I've listend to "your call is in a cue" 27 times so far today. Is the whole country ringing cable modem support :p

BTW NTL if you're reading this here's an idea for you. Start upgrading areas gradually starting NOW, and have them all done by Saturday. That way you can avoid the whole thing colapsing like the last time as thousands of customers download files from Heanet to marvel at their new speeds.
    An even better idea would be to upgrade Waterford this afternoon and see how we get on :D:D:D:D:D

zuma wrote:
    ... its not a big jump to suggest that the "proposed" NTL 3Mbit connection will be a 4Mbit connection ...

I agree, but if that's what he's saying he could have made it a lot clearer. To me it sounds like he's saying that the upgrades are going from 1Mb to 2Mb and 2Mb to 4Mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I've listend to "your call is in a cue" 27 times so far today. Is the whole country ringing cable modem support :p

BTW NTL if you're reading this here's an idea for you. Start upgrading areas gradually starting NOW, and have them all done by Saturday. That way you can avoid the whole thing colapsing like the last time as thousands of customers download files from Heanet to marvel at their new speeds.
    An even better idea would be to upgrade Waterford this afternoon and see how we get on :D:D:D:D:D

They are starting on Saturday and doing areas in alphabetical order so I've heard! 1st - 15th. They know the concerns of the impact on the network! they are not fools

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Drapper wrote:
    They are starting on Saturday and doing areas in alphabetical order so I've heard! 1st - 15th. They know the concerns of the impact on the network! they are not fools

Let's hope they start with (s)Andyford first then.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I'm due for an install on Friday morning. Hopefully I get the speed straight away and it works. BTW, is there any way to guarantee the wireless modem? The ntl point is in the front tv room while my PC is in a back bedroom. Don't want wires running all over the place.

kin9pin wrote:
    Let's hope they start with (s)Andyford first then.
    well I'm in Castleknock, I should be one of the first with Blanchardstown.:D

anthonymcg wrote:
    I'm due for an install on Friday morning. Hopefully I get the speed straight away and it works. BTW, is there any way to guarantee the wireless modem? The ntl point is in the front tv room while my PC is in a back bedroom. Don't want wires running all over the place.

did you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

28.03.2006 - NTL, a subsidiary of global cable player Liberty Global, today announced it is planning to launch a 6Mbps broadband product. It said its broadband services are now available to a potential market of 175,000 homes in Dublin, Galway and Waterford.
    According to the company an estimated 25,000 homes have signed up for broadband services so far.

NTL Ireland now has four broadband packages ranging from €19.99 a month for its basic 1Mbps service to €39.99 a month for the new 6Mbps product. It’s 2Mbps and 3Mbps products cost €24.99 and €29.99 a month respectively.

NTL Ireland’s head of products Mark Coan said the company recently reduced its broadband pricing for new and existing customers.

“In response to the growing demand for high-speed internet availability we have been consistently improving our broadband speeds and widening the availability of our broadband services,” he said.

“We now have more than 25,000 residential broadband customers and will continue to drive and increase competition in the marketplace. Cable will play its part to improve Ireland’s position on the OECD ladder and today's announcement is another step forward in this regard,” he added.

By John Kennedy

They're still saying 6. I wonder if this 10 meg is temporary stress testing?

Drapper wrote:
    did you ask?

I said it was miles from the wall point so I'm hoping they get the hint. Isn't it their discretion to bring one or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

paulm17781 wrote:
    They're still saying 6. I wonder if this 10 meg is temporary stress testing?
    i was thinking that myself. maybe in time they'll cap the modems at 6mb and then launch a 10mb service at a higher price

anthonymcg wrote:
    I said it was miles from the wall point so I'm hoping they get the hint. Isn't it their discretion to bring one or not?

ask for one and you will probably get one ! but dont wait for the engineer he wont bring one unless the order is sent throught to him

Drapper wrote:
    ask for one and you will prbably get one ! but dont wait for the engineer he wont bring one unless the order is sent throught to him

Will give them a call in an hour and ask em. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

hi just wondering if there are any ntl plans for carlow?

Advertisement