Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

I take it I can distinguish which modem I have by the number printed on the back of it in black text against a white background.

So would I be right in saying if my modem is blue in colour & has 250 printed on the back, that's what I have (as opposed to the 120)!

If so, happy days:D

Now all I need is the 10MB:o :o

Here's my latest speed on my supposed 3MG connection:

What do ye think?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Tanabe wrote:
    Well Mickger, any info on how you do this download mgr thingy & put connections to ten?

Flashget thats the one i use. By the way speeds have dropped back today. Getting roughly 5meg speeds at the moment not the 10 i was getting since it was installed last week.You kinda get used to 10meg;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I realise that NTL provide their own modems but had anyone got a Motorolla SB5100....telewest provide them in the Uk and they appear the best around after reading US cable internet reviews on dsl report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Phone.Book

Tanabe wrote:
    I take it I can distinguish which modem I have by the number printed on the back of it in black text against a white background.

So would I be right in saying if my modem is blue in colour & has 250 printed on the back, that's what I have (as opposed to the 120)!

If so, happy days:D

Now all I need is the 10MB:o :o

Here's my latest speed on my supposed 3MG connection:

What do ye think?????????????

You've got a very strange connection. Your upload is much fast than it should be and your download is much slower than it should be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

mickger wrote:
    Flashget thats the one i use. By the way speeds have dropped back today. Getting roughly 5meg speeds at the moment not the 10 i was getting since it was installed last week.You kinda get used to 10meg;)
    funny, i haven't had any drops in speed at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

me neither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

and no disconnects either :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ntl 3mb line - speedtest normally about 2.95, tonight it's 1.16 - so a drop for me as well. Don't mind if its just a prequel to the increase though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ntl 3mb line - speedtest normally about 2.95, tonight it's 1.16 - so a drop for me as well. Don't mind if its just a prequel to the increase though

location? d15 seems to be 2.6 on 3 meg tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Drapper wrote:
    location? d15 seems to be 2.6 on 3 meg tonight

Hi

I did 2 test 1 with speedtest.ie and another with irishisptest.com and the 1 with Speedtest.ie give better results. They were run 1 after the other.

Below you can see the results.

I'm on the 2mb in Aylesbury in Tallaght

Iespeed is with irishisptest.com
    Speed is speedtest.ie

• Advertisement

d24...does anyone know do you have the option to reduce to a 3meg line then and save a tenner a month? also, the prices at the top of this thread - they're the new prices right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

currently still on 3 megs, getting steady 2.95 in lucan

hope i get 10 mepgs on saturday.

has anyone just rang up and enquired and found them upgrading you for the craic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Got upgraded today...
    yeeees4ft.jpg

If you've read my post on page 5...
    CyberGhost wrote:
    DO NOT do that, some moron on the phone with ntl suggested me to downgrade and then upgrade again, and I was downgraded to 2 megs, and not upgraded again, and today they told me I'll be able to upgrade only on 15th of April!

Well they would not do it, but today I let my dad call them
    http://eva.googiez.com/wallpaper/homermad800.jpg

After 10 mins, they upgraded...

IrishISPTest didn't give good results, dunno why? :/
    snag00006rb.jpg

Giganews... didn't have time to max out ;)
    snag00016vk.jpg

and heanet...
    snag00024nn.jpg

mrgreen28ui.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

welcome to the club! any disconnects yet?

your real speed works on speedtest.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

I'm currently on 1mb. How do I go about getting an upgrade?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

X-SL wrote:
    I'm currently on 1mb. How do I go about getting an upgrade?

You should automatically get an upgrade to 2m (for the same price), you can then ask to be upgraded or downgraded to any package that you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

stebishop wrote:
    welcome to the club! any disconnects yet?

your real speed works on speedtest.ie

Nice, thanks! no need for registration too!

about disconnections, don't know yet, I'll tell you today once I play online a little.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

CyberGhost wrote:
    Nice, thanks! no need for registration too!

about disconnections, don't know yet, I'll tell you today once I play online a little.

I like you rand and upgraded from 2mb to max. Here is a speedtest I carried out a few mins ago. I have a 250series modem btw

which phone number did you ring? i rang them earlier and they said i had to wait a few days - im on the 3 meg line

1800 234 234 sales.

Dont think you will have much look though. You have to change your existing package to get the new speeds. In your case it would mean downgrading. I was on the 2meg and asked to be upgraded to the max package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

what's with this 10mb talk ? the NTL site lists 1,2,3 & 6mb packages !!:confused:

Read through this thread mate

yahoo
    rang them and got told "a couple of weeks for existing users" so I said I had a couple of "mates" that rang up and got fixed in 10 minutes - she said hold on and came back a minute later and said it would be sorted. 10 minutes later I'm on 6 meg confirmed by speedtest.

Good for you. Welcome to this exclusive club. All your other friend will be mad jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Was on 10meg but am getting crap speeds now in the Waterford area.Wonder are they testing tonight or something:confused:

Aquos76 wrote:
    Read through this thread mate

looks like us 2mb customers will officially only get a 1.5x increase the others are getting at least 2x :(:(:( never happy eh

mickger wrote:
    Was on 10meg but am getting crap speeds now in the Waterford area.Wonder are they testing tonight or something:confused:

Pretty much the same here mickger. I am also in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

D15, getting less than 1Mb/s now. Speeds have been crap for days. If 3Mb/s really means <1Mb/s, I guess the 'upgrade' to 6 will bring me closer to normal :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Im in waterford too and my connection has been dead for the last TWo days!!!i mean it wouldnt connect to ANY website at all.engineer came buy to day and fixed it appearently we were getting 3mb/s then (i wasnt home at the time) but now the speeds have gone to ****e they are slower then mickger's. the speed test wont even load up now!!!! I better get a solid 10 mb/s line for all of this **** ive had to put up with now!!!

• Advertisement

has anyone been upgraded from the 2mb package ? what speed are you getting now ?

Advertisement