Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official new NTL BB Speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paulo_B

After some constant nagging that my friends all over Ireland were getting the 6M upgrade already they flicked some switch and i now (apparently) have twice the speed.

i actually have a slower speed than when i started nagging but at least my upload is a small bit better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 poison-inside

i still havent been upgraded yet. its so annoying, an ntl broadband customer since early 2001 and im treated like dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i still havent been upgraded yet. its so annoying, an ntl broadband customer since early 2001 and im treated like dirt
    how exactly have you been treated like dirt?
    your FREE upgrade hasn't been put in place before the due date?

YOU BASTARDS NTL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 poison-inside

cos alot of people have already been upgraded so why shouldn i????

nah im just way too anxious/excited at this point to be upgraded. cant wait any longer. they are nice people really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Spud wrote:
    ... thats what ur meant to get..

Erm.....3 is (supposed to be) greater than 1, no?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aquos76 wrote:
    If this is not prove that there is something a miss I dont know what else we can do.
    the netgear routers that they give out are incredibly ****. i had to make the same phone call to tech support after i first got connected. (think i've already said this in this thread...)

you can either
    A) keep using wired instead of wireless, or
    B) buy a decent wireless router

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tman wrote:
    the netgear routers that they give out are incredibly ****. i had to make the same phone call to tech support after i first got connected. (think i've already said this in this thread...)

you can either

Yeah, I am starting to think the same about the netgear router. I have another router but I cant seen to be able to set it up. Its a linksys WRT54G one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm still only on 3meg. I've power cycled, no joy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

me too :-( anyone upgraded?

I'm too hungover to call them, call them for both of us Drapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

dlofnep wrote:
    I'm too hungover to call them, call them for both of us Drapper.

lol me too ! was in this club last night it was a so cramped http://images2.jokaroo.net/flash/elevatordisco.swf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Nothing here either. Oh well.... soon hopefully.

Drapper wrote:
    lol me too ! was in this club last night it was a so cramped http://images2.jokaroo.net/flash/elevatordisco.swf

LOL - HAHAHAHA, I nearly pissed myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Guys, one of the mates works in NTHell (as he calls it). They're having major probs with the upgrade. As you know it was planned for March 1st. Well obviously that didn't happen.

The quickest way to get it working in all areas with the current copper going house-to-house is to wait for DOCSIS 3.0 which is coming in next Aug/Sept.

So be prepared to wait :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Guys, one of the mates works in NTHell (as he calls it). They're having major probs with the upgrade. As you know it was planned for March 1st. Well obviously that didn't happen.

The quickest way to get it working in all areas with the current copper going house-to-house is to wait for DOCSIS 3.0 which is coming in next Aug/Sept.

Yes, it looks like there's a few issue's.

it's like listening to a load of kids in the back of a car...are we there yet are we there yet...are we the....*SLAP*

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah i havent got the upgrade yet ,but my speed has stabilised a t about 2.4/2.5 down which is what i was getting before.I think this speed is a little slow is it? Also i never finish the upload speed test,it just keeps saying working and the bar does not move at all and the send light does not flicker mcuh at all????

Are we there yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

tman wrote:

you can either

I've had a netgear wireless router for over nine months. NEVER a bother.:) . The only thing that happens sometimes is that I lose connectivity (page cannot be displayed). I just go into 'wireless settings' and hit 'apply' and that restores it. Connected like this:

Cable modem-router-pc-laptops. PC hardwired to the router.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What model no is the Netgear router they supply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

just phoned 1800 924 424 and got transfered to sales, he said i would be upgraded in a few hours time then he said "give it 24 hrs"
    Do i have to power cycle the modem? i forgot to ask
    presently on broadband max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

nah, you don't have to power cycle, it'll happen itself. you'll notice the connection drop for a few seconds and then come back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kintaro

well there will be no upgrades today or tomorrow! i just rang and was told that the upgrades are going thought but the "cancellation team" who deal with this dont work weekends, so it will be monday at the earliest for anyone who hasnt been upgraded! Apparently the cancellation team deal with the downgrades and upgrades to speeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I was told the same thing I'm on the Max service at the moment and told them that I expected to get the 6meg service if I'm paying top whack for it, they said I would be upgraded on Monday, we shall wait and see!!!!

Snake ;)

Just checked and i have been upgraded!!!!:D :D:D

how do i cut and paste my modem config screen?

upgrade occured sat between 14.00 and 14.45 so may still happen to everyone today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

ive just checked and i still ahve not been upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Mech1 wrote:
    Just checked and i have been upgraded!!!!:D :D:D
    Where abouts in Dublin are you?

woodstown
    knocklyon
    D16

• Advertisement

I'm too lazy to call them. i think thats the only reason you've been upgraded

Advertisement