Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL Outlet Rip off

Options
  • 14-03-2006 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭

Now before anyone gets all twitchy and starts saying "sure we know dell is a big ripoff anyway" and "the vat rate is high here", i don't want to complain about that. What i'm complaining about is that we're getting discriminated against in comparison to UK dell customers.

The Dell outlet site is possibly the only way you'll get really competitive prices for decent tech from Dell (see recent offers on dual core inspiron 9400s for proof) but if you compare the UK and Irish sites you will see that the UK customers still have the opportunities to make big savings on business machines while Irish customers are screwed.

A couple of months ago, Dell pulled their Optiplex and Lattitude machines from the Irish store but left them on the UK store. This means that while we only have the option of choosing low spec inspiron lappies with celeron processors and 90 day guarantees as a low cost laptop, UK customers can buy good spec machines like the Lattitude D410 with 3 year next day business warranties for the same price.

a rip off if i ever saw it:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Yep, I was in the U.S. recently and picked up a Dell outlet notebook while I was there. Pentium M 1.73GHz, 15" screen, 512MB RAM. Price? $499. Seemed much better than the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alan767

Is it not possible to purchase from the US or UK site online???

Advertisement