Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christening Outfit?

• 14-03-2006 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

My Godson will be getting baptised next month, and as I am the Godmother, I want to look well. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to wear? I'm very laid back and love wearing comfortable clothes (jeans all the way!), but at the same time I don't mind dressing up smartly this one time. I'm only 18 though, so I don't want to dress too mature either. I want to be stylish, but cool at the same time.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

well my sister was god mother at my neices christening a few weeks back, i lent her, a black pants, and a wrap around dress - grey (with small black designs - from A Wear) it wasnt very long, went above her knee, it had short sleeves so she wore a little black cardi with it, i thought she looked lovely.

hope that was some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I second a wrap dress, there are plenty nice affordable ones out there at the moment. A few weeks ago, I picked up a lovely plain black one from Penneys for only €13 and its soooo comfortable as its jersey material.

Wear it with a pair of long boots to not expose too much flesh (its a christening after all) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Yeah when I was Godmother I wore a wrap dress over a pair of black trousers - really comfy and stylish so I third the wrap dress suggestion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Cheers girls, sound out! I'll have a look around for some nice wrap dresses!

Advertisement