Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

under car LEDs and subwoofer clearout

Options
  • 14-03-2006 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

i have posted this in the for sale section, but it is getting little interest, so i thought i'd post it here. if this upsets the mods, please delete this thread.

first off i have a set of white under car LEDs.
    they were on my car for about month, but only switched on about a handful of times. they have a good brightness and come with a control unit to turn on/off or switch the effects [fading/flashing/scrolling/constant/etc].

LED_white.jpg

led_undercar_white.jpg

digital_controller_led_undercar.jpg

led_kit.JPG

the only thing wrong with it is that i lost one of the black ends from the bars. i took the black end off several of the bars when i had fit them to help them fit into tighter spaces and allow it to be fitted closer to the undertray. it doesn't make any difference as you can use the nylon clips you get with the kit anyway. see pic below:

P1030026.JPG

if you want more info about it you can see them on the site i bought them from: http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_L...light_kit.html
    they charge massive amounts for delivery.
    PRICE: €75

second is the subwoofer clearout. 4 subs in enclosures.

P1030033.JPG

P1030034.JPG

1. bass tube. i have no info on this. its in used condition. 8" speaker.
    €20

P1030035.JPG

2. jlaudio. 6.5" top quality. kicking bass for such a small speaker.
    i had this sitting in my last smart car [i have a different set up in my new one]. i built the enclosure to the manufacturers spec. it's sealed and covered in carpet. [colour matched the interior of the car]. it cost me €150 to get the speaker alone! perfect condition
    more info here: http://www.caraudio.ie/view_product.php?partno=6W04
    €70

6w0.jpg

3. splx. 10" red speaker in sealed enclosure. never really used. in perfect condition. not sure on the specs for this.
    €70

P1030036.JPG

4. lightning audio. 12" speaker. verrry nice. never really used much either, except as a makeshift bass amp in my room, so never pushed. large rubber surround and ecellent sound. again, i'm sketchy on the specs. comes with sealed enclosure.
    €110

P1030037.JPG

i'm based in lucan, and can deliver locally, but would prefer collection ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

You might get a bit more intrest if your adjusted your prices. a bit steep for second hand gear even if it is in spotless condition.
    Sub packs arnt realy that expensive anymore and you can get sub amp and box bundles for 250.
    Just thought id give my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

i have reduced the prices already, but i'm open to offers aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

If i had any spare cash id make an offer on the white lighting kit, but im gonna be broke for the next fortnight or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

any chance of a pic with the neons on...just to get an idea of brightness

didn't really get a chance to get a pic as they were not on the car for long.
    if you want to see them turned on, i can hook them up to a 12V power supply pretty easily if you come to view them - you can never be sure with a pic. that way you can make a decision on if they are bright enough for you...

• Advertisement

ps. i found them very bright personally, but i have no previous experience with LEDs. i also really liked the "fading" setting - it slowly faded bright to dark [was like a spaceship :D]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

sorry mate, im in galwayso viewing them would be a bit of a problem! would they be as bright as the ones in the photo u posted already??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

If you haven't sold the LED's and want them gone I'll offer €50?

'cptr

sorry, just back from holidays...
    how's about a compromise interceptor? say .... €60 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yeah, sod it why not. PM sent.

'c

• Advertisement

LEDs now sold. woofers still looking for a good home...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Are the woofers still for sale??

Might be interested in the jlaudio. 6.5" sub.

Cheers

Kevin

i have a new car now and might be using the JL audio one.
    i am awaiting delivery of a bass tube [just the enclosure] and will be trying out the JL in it, but i reckon there's a chance that it will be too powerful for the small enclosure... i'll have to see.

the other woofers are up for grabs, but the LEDs are sold.
    i'll keep you updated on the JL audio one...

Advertisement