Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natural Draw of Natural Fade

• 14-03-2006 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I heard a statistic that says that most amateur golfers hit either a slice or a fade. I am wondering is this true of golfers in the golf forum.

Be honest; if you hit a slice say it; if you hit a draw or hook say it and post your handicap as well.

Do You hit a Natural slice/fade or a natural hook/draw 7 votes

Draw/Hook
    0% 0 votes
    Slice/Fade
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

The only time i ever sliced the ball is when i used a shaft that's not stiff enough.. guaranteed draw or hook, depending.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

driver is fade 80% of the time.
    irons, espeicially shorter irons tend to draw ever so slightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i hit a natural fade, which turns into slice-o-rama if i don't manage to get my hands back through in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Straight to a Draw with Driver
    Irons pretty straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The hardest shot to hit i ngolf believe it or not is a consistent straight shot. Everyone hits a slight draw or fade, sometimes not noticable.

Most amateurs hit natural fades, because of absic swing errors like going out to in etc, open club face turning to quickly.

The draw is known as the pro faulted swing.

I personnally hit a fade, not a slice. Difference being a slice you go a mile right, I go slightly right.

None is worse then the other no matter what people say, some will say draws are much better.

With a Fade you are shooting the ball higher with a more "cutting" spin, this is extremely useful in hitting irons to greens, you should find your ball stops soon enough with some spin.
    You will however lose a ton of distance on your driver like me =D

Draw goes much much longer cause it is shot at a lwoer trajectory, but then on greens, its harder to hold.

Fade for the w1n =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

I mostly hit a small but high draw.

Some days i hit straight, some days a tiny fade but 9/10 will be a draw (5 - 10 yds max)

I battled with a slice for the first good 8 years of golf. The only reasoning i can come up with for loosing it is physically growing out of it.

A slice is much less destructive imho than a hook. hitting and holding greens with a hook is nigh on impossible

Interestingly its 50/50 at the moment. I would expect a 66-33 in favour of fade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

hmm I dunno, I find a sliced shot usually holds the bunker nicely.
    A fade maybe, but a draw (with the right club) will hold the green also.
    I'm 80% straight playing to 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

hi guys i hit a draw when im playing ok to my best. im a 6 handicap. i was hitting a fade until i got to a nine handicap then i went for lessons and the pro said that i needed a regular shaft( i was using a stiffish proforce ie 65). so i got a regular and with a few tweaks i hit a draw regularly. I know from past experience dat using a shaft 2 stiff can cause the body to accomodate the stiff shaft(ur swing will change) which is never a gud thing. lately i went back to a stiff shaft(1yr ago) i hit it well on a nice flight for a while but im going back 2 regular soon as i can feel dat accomodation coming back! its only when ur not playing well dat u will find out whether ur shaft is da correct flex or not.

P.S i can hit a regular consistently further as my swing speed isnt fast enough for a stiff.( im talking about stiff in quality shafts not da bog standard shafts fiitted in most heads)

hope this helps, i like playinsy stiff sometimes as i prefer the flight but remember u might up your distance with a regular.

Gud Luck!!:D

Advertisement