Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrixmetering.com trying to rip me off

Options
  • 14-03-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all,

I purchased a €1 coin meter for my local handball club - it cost me €240 in total. The guy in matrix metering told me that they do not normally make €1 coin meters but that they would see if they could would get back to me. They then contact me back via telephone to tell me that they could make me a meter that accepts €1 coins only.

I purchased it with my credit card and they sent it over. On arrival I tested it only to find that firstly the only thing detecting the €1 coin was a microswitch with a long arm. I then tested it by putting in 5c and 20c coins - both switched on the lights as if I had put in a €1 coin.

I contacted the company again via telephone and they said they would send me out a new mechanism that would fix the problem and only accept €1 coins. The new coin mechanism no longer accepts 5c coins but it does accept 20c coins still.

I contacted the company again via telephone today to inform them that it was still accepting 20c coins. They said there was nothing more they could do then so I asked them would they pick up the meter (via courier or whatever). They said under no circumstances would they pay for the item to be shipped back to them and under no circumstances would they refund the money until the item is recieved by them.

I rang the national consumer agency who told me that the transaction was a business transaction so there was nothing they could do (however even though it was a business transaction they said that matrix metering are required to pay the cost of shipping it back). The NCA said I would have to go down the legal route.

MBNA said that the goods must be returned to the seller before they can perform a backcharge.

Any know what I should do? Do I have to go to a solicitor to get back my money? It would cost me €30-40 to post it back to matrixmetering.

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.
    Noel.

Advertisement