Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Years CAO Points

Options
  • 14-03-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I am applying for all the Commerce courses with Commerce without a language being my 1st choice. Does anybody have any idea on what the points will be? It's touch and go if I get in at the moment and there are about 5people in my year that have it as nummber 1 on the CAO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I think with courses like commerce the points remain relatively static. The points may fluctuate slightly, maybe up or down 5 or 10 on last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Its pretty much 450 ever year isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 stripes_333

yeah i wouldnt worry about commerce changing from the 445/450 mark. there are about 200 places in commerce as well sooo its all good. i dont think it ever changes much. in 2002 it 445 i know that for definate. I do it and its 4 years long! everywhere else is 3 years so keep that in mind especially if u want to do a masters etc. it is a very general course but on the
    flipside it gives u a lot of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Yeah I'd love to do it in 3 years in NUIG but isnt it more intensive? Also the 3rd year is a new thing in aswell and I wouldnt mind being one of the few going away to the USA from March-September! Is there much different in modules between Commerce with a language? I was looking at the prospectus and you don't do accounting after 2nd year in straight Commerce but you keep up everything in Commerce with a language? It's a bit strange! I got 405 in my pres and I'm kind of worried I mightnt get it still, I'm after getting a bit complacent on the study front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeah I'd love to do it in 3 years in NUIG but isnt it more intensive? Also the 3rd year is a new thing in aswell and I wouldnt mind being one of the few going away to the USA from March-September! Is there much different in modules between Commerce with a language? I was looking at the prospectus and you don't do accounting after 2nd year in straight Commerce but you keep up everything in Commerce with a language? It's a bit strange! I got 405 in my pres and I'm kind of worried I mightnt get it still, I'm after getting a bit complacent on the study front.
    NUIG is the most layed back university in the country, its as intense as you make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I sw the timetable in comparison to the UCC one, you start on September 5th!! And it's crammed into 3 years like!

Advertisement