Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plextor 716A, firmware 1.10

Options
  • 14-03-2006 4:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

DO NOT FLASH!...this firmware is a fake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you could also try this http://tdb.rpc1.org/#PX716A . its only 1.09 but its region free !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Just wondering whats the point in flashing it ?
    What good will it do ?

flashing with newer firmware enables the drive to burn new makes or new types of dye used on discs. before i flashed my old pioneer drive it would not burn some types of discs. after flashing i could burn 4x discs at 8x with no problem and no coasters. the firmware i linked to above is region free which means you can buy films from the states or asia and play them on your computer which works out a lot cheaper than the ripoff prices you have to pay here !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Nice one.
    And last question
    Is it easy to flash ? I cant do any damage can i ?

you can do damage if you do it wrong. you must not have a disc in the drive, have other programs running and you must not interrupt it when flashing is in progress. other than making sure you have the exact firmware for your drive model its really easy. but if you f*uck it up dont come crying to me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement