Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner Request

Options
  • 14-03-2006 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi... I was wondering could anyone a lot more creative than myself try design a banner in a Russian-style theme with the words "Dubanya - Ireland's first authentic Russian thermal bath"

You can play around with colours and styles

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

should this belong in the exploit people forum? or is there payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

heggie wrote:
    should this belong in the exploit people forum? or is there payment?

my thoughts formed a post without me having to type :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

All entrants will be entered into a draw for a mystery prize*

prize may not exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

i would ask a mod to ban snapper, this sort of thing goes on way to much on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Snapper1 wrote:
    You can play around with colours and styles
    Gee wizz... honest? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

That's an excellent brief, there, Snapper1. "Do me a banner, for some thermal bath, I don't have a clue, do what you want 'cos I don't know what I want, but when I get the banner, I'll tell you to change everything to the way I want it".

Have you either thought of how a banner is actually an important part of a company identity, brand or at least a web-page. Something that requires the assessment of criteria and development of innovative solutions through a creative process?

If you said, "I need a company website developed for an Irish thermal bath. I can pay competitive rates, if you wish to discuss the brief further, we can speak by phone or set up a meeting", fine.

Too much of this crap goes on, and its this sort of crap that keeps down the professional designers' wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah lads, I think you're being a bit harsh on the fella, he's just asking for a corporate logo type thing.

Here's my attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Gordon wrote:
    Here's my attempt.
    Mmm, simple, gets the point across clearly... I like it.
    I feel the sheer simplicity of the image carries with it a sense of serenity, perhaps reminiscent of the thermal bath experience itself... powerful... stunningly powerful... well done. :eek:

I'm not even going to try and top that... we have a clear winner.
    It's gordo with the creative slam-dunk in the first quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Mmm, simple, gets the point across clearly... I like it.
    I feel the sheer simplicity of the image carries with it a sense of serenity, perhaps reminiscent of the thermal bath experience itself... powerful... stunningly powerful... well done. :eek:

I'm not even going to try and top that... we have a clear winner.
    It's gordo with the creative slam-dunk in the first quarter.

I've got to second this ... the red SCREAMS out russia to me .. in contrast to the white that I'm seeing as clean ... and thats what you want from one of these places .. clean ..

well done ... you should definitely get the prize on this :)

And to think I'm giving this away for free when usually I charge sh*tloads of cash to professional companies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

Lads, hold the phone, its for a feckin college project. No need to call the mod police, i was just lookin for a banner to make our business plan look a bit better. Sorry for botherin ye all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Cog one off some website then. If it'd for a college project, shouldn't you do it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Snapper1 wrote:
    Lads, hold the phone, its for a feckin college project. No need to call the mod police, i was just lookin for a banner to make our business plan look a bit better. Sorry for botherin ye all!

icecream.gif

Snapper1 wrote:
    Firstly, if it was for a college project you should have mentioned it.

Secondly, for a person in his fourth year of Business Studies: one would hope that you would have at least a minor grasp of how to exploit people for free, or at the very least: a verbal [textual] manner that is befitting of a person asking for a free ride.

Here's my second attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gordon wrote:
    Here's my second attempt.
    I preferred the first one tbqh.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Advertisement