Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow on paddys day?!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

what a truly vile day!

A bitter easterly wind, 3c, overcast, with frequent ice pellet showers:eek:

Worst Paddys day weather in along time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

1.9c, icey rain since 9am.

850s must be quite high.

Not really..

Pressure is too high and there's no instability

850's are around -8c

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Here in Sligo, no sign of rain during the night. Some chilly winds and dark clouds overhead though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

:eek: How much snow would the 12z GFS give us. Were talking inches. Please god let this be it. The big breakdown event:D

180_30.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I think we will all resign to the fact that this winter has been cold but snow free here in the East,it is almost stressful to see that places so close to us has had a substantial amount of snow, eg:Wales,NI,scotland and England.

To summarise myself,my own experience this winter has been a true dissappointment in terms of Snow,none lying accumulating etc.What a LET DOWN.It is unbelievable that my three children have not got the oppurtunity to build a snowman,let alone a snowball since they were born and my eldest is six.By the time i got to that age when i was younger i have,well what could you say"i got very use to the snow"as it was a natural occurence.
    :(
    Well are we to finish this year and safely say goodbye to the potential snow or do we hope for a spontaenous snow event in the next month??????.

Its been a pleasure joining this forum so late and talking to ye guys and been interesting time,here is to a summer hopefully with lots of storms.;)

Snowbie wrote:
    I think we will all resign to the fact that this winter has been cold but snow free here in the East,it is almost stressful to see that places so close to us has had a substantial amount of snow, eg:Wales,NI,scotland and England.

To summarise myself,my own experience this winter has been a true dissappointment in terms of Snow,none lying accumulating etc.What a LET DOWN.It is unbelievable that my three children have not got the oppurtunity to build a snowman,let alone a snowball since they were born and my eldest is six.By the time i got to that age when i was younger i have,well what could you say"i got very use to the snow"as it was a natural occurence.
    :(
    Well are we to finish this year and safely say goodbye to the potential snow or do we hope for a spontaenous snow event in the next month??????.

Its been a pleasure joining this forum so late and talking to ye guys and been interesting time,here is to a summer hopefully with lots of storms.;)

Before you right it off check out the ensembles:D

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

darkman2 wrote:
    Before you right it off check out the ensembles:D

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

Im confused dm2 explain tis one to me,as i do understand ensembles and 850 temp,but elaborate for me,as i do always take these with a pinch

Snowbie wrote:
    Im confused dm2 explain tis one to me,as i do understand ensembles and 850 temp,but elaborate for me,as i do always take these with a pinch

Ok, well the control run is on the mild side of the initial cold incursion from the north, in fact its the mildest. Will probrably bring wintry flurries to the east coast. Regardless of the end of next week it will be getting much colder next week. Then there is more of a split. 50/50. Some bring in mild air and keep it, others keep the cold air behind the depression coming in from the south west. Note that the ECM is very similar at 168 but has the low slightly further north. This wouldnt make too much of a difference as the low is going direct east-west. Thickness looks ok to me and it would be cold enough, dew points very low. We will see but things are looking up:)

Thanks,looks at first its returning maritime air wrapped in the circulation

• Advertisement

Things look like remaining cool/ cold for the coming 8-10 days....

Then we may see a return to unsettled milder weather:)

Things look like remaining cool/ cold for the coming 8-10 days....

Then we may see a return to unsettled milder weather:)

Hi WC, dont rule out snow next week yet. Looks like a cold v mild battle ahead with us in the middle;)

Temp here is 4.8c with a dp of +0.9c and a wind averaging 20mph gusting to 33mph at ground level.

That feels raw.
    The temp maxxed out at 5.8 briefly before lunch in a burst of sunshine.

As for the end of the week if it comes,I'm doubtfull of much transitory snow.
    It does have a classic cold v mild look about it alright but its nearly april not january.

It's a possible snow on high ground at night situation again.

Earthman wrote:
    Temp here is 4.8c with a dp of +0.9c and a wind averaging 20mph gusting to 33mph at ground level.

That feels raw.
    The temp maxxed out at 5.8 briefly before lunch in a burst of sunshine.

As for the end of the week if it comes,I'm doubtfull of much transitory snow.
    It does have a classic cold v mild look about it alright but its nearly april not january.

It's a possible snow on high ground at night situation again.

That does seem likely just now but im not ruling anything in our out. Such situations can spring supprises close to the time:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement