Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow on paddys day?!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

0C now at Dublin Airport;)

VERY heavy snow now here and stong winds on the coast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Same here, VERY heavy and looks like it'll be a long one too. Great big fluffy flakes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

darkman2 wrote:
    Its possible but showers wont be heavy and frequent tonight even on the east coast. There are no troughs following on and pressure is too high really at 1032hpa. Also Irish sea temps will be around 4 or 5 C by tonight so very marginal on coasts.

Where bouts are you DM2

Snowbie wrote:
    Where bouts are you DM2[/QUOTE

Near Malahide eastuary. What started as heavy snow has degenerated now into rain and snow. Oh well:)

• Advertisement

Very heavy snow,and I mean very heavy here for the last half hour and sticking.
    The roads are white now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It has been snowing slowly here for hours... a shower of rain has just stopped, and now it's snowing again... :confused:
    odd weather tbh

Earthman wrote:
    Very heavy snow,and I mean very heavy here for the last half hour and sticking.
    The roads are white now.

Sounds good and looks good on the radar. Showers packing in here just now. Mainly snow but like I said a bit of rain/sleety stuff too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Heavy snow in Leixlip but not sticking at all, I'm heading for Carlow shortly, hope to see some along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

We have been getting light flakes of snow falling since about 12:30, Not much else though.

• Advertisement

I see Dublin airport just reported a rain shower:confused:

Is the Eagle flying round in a helicopter with a hairdrier out the window shouting get back to the hills snow,get back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Earthman wrote:
    I see Dublin airport just reported a rain shower:confused:

Is the Eagle flying round in a helicopter with a hairdrier out the window shouting get back to the hills snow,get back :D

lol-poor old eagle doesnt know wheather he is coming or going.EH it might rain eh it might snow,well if its white its snow.doh!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

all we had was a few flurries in the wind, very dissapointing and looking at the radar now it looks like all the showers went around me as most of Ireland is covered in showers but I think this is it because the irish sea now has alot less showers than it had and the UK is almost shower free. I think it'll be a clear and frosty night except for a few light showers and tomorrow should dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Another very heavy shower here and a mini blizzard :D ...nothing sticking yet though :rolleyes:

Earthman, any update, is there lying snow in your neck of the woods now?

Snowing heavily again here-big flakes and some hail mixed in for good measure.

Theres a dusting only,some of the roads are white and the grass.I'd say it will wait untill dusk to settle properly here if it keeps going.

The hills were very white just up the road, last time I saw them

Temp currently 1.9c dewpoint -1c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

recent heavy hail shower with snow..

No rain so far:eek: :D

Snow in and off since 2 anf just when i get home the Irish sea is empty:rolleyes:

Some heavy stuff on the radar about to make landfall near you WC

The shower about to hit Dublin has a curl on it and may get in over Gonzo

brunt of it went to the north of me.. but there was a short heavy hail shower;)

• Advertisement

From AA:
    The Wicklow and Sally Gap are passable at the moment but care is advised as rain and snow showers have made conditions slippery

recent heavy hail shower with snow..

No rain so far:eek: :D

Snow in and off since 2 anf just when i get home the Irish sea is empty:rolleyes:

It will get emptier tonight. Less instability unfortunatly. Could still get a dusting though:rolleyes:

There seems to be a peppering of lightish showers in the wide portion of the Irish sea between Wicklow and Cardigan Bay in Wales at the moment.
    The wind is ENE though so most of them should head SW.
    I might see some of them but it would be better if the wind was due East.

Getting fussy now :D

LoL at my AWS today.

It's recording the wind and temps as usual properly but is having trouble with the snow.
    Some snow must have just melted in the tipper and went into the rain bucket as its just told me its raining.
    It's set to show precip as snow at 2c or lower by default but when its snowing the flakes have to get into it and melt first.

I dont think I'm at the stage (or ever will be) of needing a heater for the rain guage like canadians do...

Looks like theres a agreement that we wont get a northerly, northeasterly
    or northwestelry next week. Just cool and frosty maxima of 7/8c mins of -3c

No poss of snow;)

Looks like theres a agreement that we wont get a northerly, northeasterly
    or northwestelry next week. Just cool and frosty maxima of 7/8c mins of -3c

No poss of snow;)

Interstingly the jet is going south so this cold snap could go on for quite a while. Early next week will be cold and dry essentially;) Another shower coming now. Looks snow but it will probrably have hail and sleet aswell. Lookin good for tonight. Lighter showers though.rart_06031706_1612.gif?5be75c9bea554a10a311781f5b593e54

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully when this cold snap is over temps will lift up to 16/17C and so they shud its almost April, it'll be nice to go outside in a tshirt again, cold snaps this late in the year are a waste of time imo unless they deliver something exceptional like what happened in the uk last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snowing in Waterford right now, there was some sleet before it but theres been about 10mins of decent snow now. Best snow shower of the year for Waterford so far in 2006.

your awful negative Gonzo, every comment i hear from ya is negative:D

Plenty of times for 16/17c but not for a good while yet at least 12 days

• Advertisement

Just had a heavy but short SNOW shower. No hail, no sleet. Fine snow grains even attempted to settle;) Its snowing in Cork now with a temp of 1C. Theyve done rather well looking at the radar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement