Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain water harvesting and drilled well

Options
  • 14-03-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

I'm guessing there is no advantage to rain water harvesting if you have your own well ie. the cost of pumping water up out of the well can hardly be that much more expensive than pumping it out of a tank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

The rainwater harvesting system is about €3500 installed. But I agree if you have the well, I would use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dras

As long as your well doesn't go dry, need reamed, need a new submersible pump and remains oxygenated then yes. But also consider the water quality- hardness (are you in limestone?) and contaminants (nitrates, phosphates and bacteria). Water quality should be much better from rainwater. However, you may not be able to collect enough rainwater for your total use and may require a secondary source in "summer".

Advertisement