Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i made up my mind, i dont like A1

• 14-03-2006 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

i just dont like it, i watched it (tried) this weekend because i love the track. I have been watching champ cars racing there for years and its a great track, but A1 made it look dull. ok it rained... did you say, but i saw champ cars in the rain there too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Hmm, im getting mixed views on A1 Gp. Most of my racing buddies think its great, all the passing/fighting etc that there has been throughout the year, and an equl number of non racers say its boring. Granted some of the drivers shouldnt even be in FFord ffs, but its ok to watch in the off season. Its big mistake is to overlap with the traditional racing season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

i like it. were at the end of its very first season now, lets see what next year brings. it may improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I started out with very high hopes for this series and Im sad to say it hasnt lived up. As Kersh pointed out Im glad of it in the offseason but once F1 came back on the radar I just lost interest(even though I too love Laguna Seca and was looking forward to that race even before the series began). Qualifying is dreadfully boring and I havent watched one in a while.also the boost button was supposed to add another dimension but it barely makes a difference.Frances dominance in a one make series pissed me off as well as did Sky Sports fanaticsm with robbie kerr(which you can understand but is still unbelieveably frustrating). TBH I cant see this series surviving many more seasons unless some drastic changes come in which is a shame as it was a very promising idea.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i think its a good series with great potential, they definatly need to get out of the SkySports contract and put it on ITV/UTV or something similar.
    the pitstops are a bit of a farse too, ruins the races.
    keep in mind that this is its 1st season so of course its gonna improve.i have high hopes for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

nikimere wrote:
    i think its a good series with great potential, they definatly need to get out of the SkySports contract and put it on ITV/UTV or something similar.

Agreed. Okay so some like A1 some dont but how can it be improved/what would people like to see next season. For me Id say the first priority is to make the cars faster. Im far from an expert but I imagine aerodynamically the cars could be improved immensely(I understand it needs to be cheap to give everyone a chance). The pit stops suck balls at the minute and they need to be changed. Qualifying could be spiced up as well. they could do something similiar to f1 to get rid of all the ****ty countries early and then Id like to see some sort of one lap format like f1 last year among the top five(maybe ten drivers) to see who the fastest driver really is. Id like to see the field get more even as France just pissed me off big time this year with their dominace. Get rid of the crappy boost button also, its nothing but a distraction. It would be nice to see certain countries become way more competitive. Id like to see Italy, Japan, The us and of course Ireland do better. Cant really think of anything else at the moment.

• Advertisement

Babybing wrote:
    Agreed. Okay so some like A1 some dont but how can it be improved/what would people like to see next season. For me Id say the first priority is to make the cars faster. Im far from an expert but I imagine aerodynamically the cars could be improved immensely(I understand it needs to be cheap to give everyone a chance). The pit stops suck balls at the minute and they need to be changed. Qualifying could be spiced up as well. they could do something similiar to f1 to get rid of all the ****ty countries early and then Id like to see some sort of one lap format like f1 last year among the top five(maybe ten drivers) to see who the fastest driver really is. Id like to see the field get more even as France just pissed me off big time this year with their dominace. Get rid of the crappy boost button also, its nothing but a distraction. It would be nice to see certain countries become way more competitive. Id like to see Italy, Japan, The us and of course Ireland do better. Cant really think of anything else at the moment.
    I agree with everything there except the aerodynamics, they are the way they are to alow the cars follow closely behind one another. I think this is probably one of the best features of A1, the fact that the cars can run close and there is plently of overtaking. To make the cars faster they could do some improvements on the engine, but then that might become un-reliable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

I cant tell you if I like it or not, I've only seen highlights of one race. Who's idea was it to give Sky the contract??

Highlights are on RTE 1 during the week after... around 7.30ish it was on this Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Apparently they dont show the main race, or just a few minutes of it... but sure thats usually enough time to see Team Ireland make a balls of it...:rolleyes:

Kersh wrote:
    ... but sure thats usually enough time to see Team Ireland make a balls of it...:rolleyes:
    lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement