Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to shave..

• 14-03-2006 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I've had a regular goatee for a while now and over the last few weeks I've let my beard grow, so its time for a change.

What do you guys think I should go for? One option I won't consider is fully clean- shaven. That look just doesn't suit me at all.

Here's what I look like at the moment.. please be gentle..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

found this link for ideas..

Oh, I probably should mention that my hair which you can barely make out on top will be shaved down to a 0 blade using a hair trimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

tidy it up maybe and lose the moustache? just have a chin beard or whatever thats called - under your lip and on your chin. seems like it might suit you.
    sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I'm leaning towards friendly mutton chops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

tbh wrote:
    tidy it up maybe and lose the moustache? just have a chin beard or whatever thats called - under your lip and on your chin. seems like it might suit you.
    sir.

No way, I reckon he should lose everything but the tache. They're very distinguished you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Canadiankimi

Well Bullman, got to tell ya,,,I have to agree with tbh...I think that would be a good look..

but to tell ya the truth...you would look hot with any style goatee ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

No way, I reckon he should lose everything but the tache. They're very distinguished you know.

You know I was thinking the same. But that was just after watching Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit..

but to tell ya the truth...you would look hot with any style goatee ;)

all I can say to that is :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I think you'd look good with a full beard. It seems to suit your face.

I think you'd look good with a full beard. It seems to suit your face.

:rolleyes: not sure about the FULL beard...but maaaybe if you keep it neat and tidy not like some bush man that just crawled out of the woods....:eek:

*** Like I said before....any "goatee" would look hot in my opinion***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say this would suit:

Ambrose%20E.%20Burnside.jpg

You know, I think we need to register www.beards.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Soul patch and big chops down the sides. Do it. Do it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Two more contenders for the beard of choice:

blackbeard.jpg
    green-beard-big.jpg

Oh, and lets not forget this magestic bit of beard:

viking.sized.jpg

And last but not least... You know it's been coming:

Chuck-Norris--C10039396.jpeg

Hey Karl....I think Bullman should go for the whole look and get his nipples pieced too, like the dude with the green goat...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kittenz

Bullman, i think you should go clean shaven, you looked as cute as a peach the last time you had it done.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

tbh wrote:
    sir.

i agree with losing the moustache and then I think you should just tidy the rest up. I know you said its not an option but do you have a picture of you with no beard at all? We could colour you in a beard plan.(remember colour by numbers):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

mutton chops are making a come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

defo wouldnt say go with the tash look...... its not really a nice look in my opinion...

id say maybe just tidy it up, make it a bit closer shave.... gotta say though pretty cute ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Bullman, I would say either go with the full beard, once its kept neat and tidy, and not overly bushy. Personally I reckon it'd shut your shape.

Alternatively, maybe you could try a Brazilian (ya know a kinda V shaped line) under the lower lip, right down to the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

as what the other one said there, he looks good either way, but defo not what karl posted.. you sickoooo.
    hehe the goatee look is good :)!! screams sex me :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm planning to shave tomorrow night, it's now officially in the schedule.
    I always get emotional when I have to say good bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I've a similiar shaped face and had facial hair for a few years as well.

I was actually very nervous about shaving it off but twas defo the right thing to do.

If I was you I'd shave it all off and build it up from there - it'll grow back in a bloody week anyway if you don't like it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement