Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road rage

Options
  • 14-03-2006 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

just wondering what people think about road rage??

on sunday i was driving on the N81 towards Templeogue when i was at the spawell roundabout, entered the roundabout on the right lane and exited at the second exit on the right lane as i thought was right,i checked with the rules of the road

anyways there was a guy coming round with me on the outside and as soon as i was on the straight i signalled left, for quiet a long time, checked my rear view mirrors of every angle but he was in my blind spot and its now obvious that i did not check properly enough cause i did not see him. anyways after 30 secs of left indicator(the indicator was first turned off after exit of roundabout b4 been turned on again)i vered left thinking i had a clear run but i didnt(oh boy) luckly nobody got hit i got a session of his horn and i saluted to say sorry as did my wife.

anyways after cursing mysekf for such a silly mistake he over took me and swerved (i mean swerved) and braked in front of me i slapped on the brakes (only doin 50kph) and let him on his merry way only to catch up to him at the lights. Needless to say i didnt even bother looking at him as to not infurate him anymore.oh ps my wife is 26 wks pregnant so imagine her pain at the sharp braking even at the speed i was doin

now never mind about the wife and been pregnant but who here thinks what he did was both stupid and ignorant and a danger to others. yes i was in the wrong to "cut him up" and i admit that but it was not intentional where as his was.ps the wife is ok had to go to hospital just to be on the safe side

have his reg number,considering reporting him anybody got views??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

report him, report him, report him. This kind of **** has to be cut out. Your pregnant wife could have been injured for gods sake. He has to be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

did so today making a statement over the wend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I'm sure the dude didn't know your wife was pregnant. From his point of view, you cut him off (or whatever term you use) and he responded by cutting you off. Not exactly the right thing to do by any stretch of the imagination and i don't condone behaviour that can injure people or give our insurance companies more reason to screw us.

You sound pretty reasonable from your post but there was fault at both sides. (Apologies if I took this wrong, I read your post as to have that meaning).

Anyway, it's regrettable that any of this happens on our roads at all. Although I am against the term Road Rage as such - losing your temper and lashing out should carry the same offence regardless of the surroundings. Too often (imo) is someone accused of Air Rage or Road Rage where the correct offence is surely dangerous driving or being disorderly.

Anyway, in your case, you were possibly guilty of careless driving and he was almost certainly guilty of dangerous driving. (again, apologies if I read your post incorrectly).

Anyhoo, to end on a positive note, hopefully he realises he was wrong to lose his temper and I'm sure you will look twice next time you're using that roundabout, it's a bit of a nightmare around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The cops will do f all in this situation as you contibuted to it. In all likelyhood if they asked the other guy he would blame you and you both would get nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

just wondering what people think about road rage??

..... anyways after 30 secs of left indicator(the indicator was first turned off after exit of roundabout b4 been turned on again)i vered left thinking i had a clear run but i didnt(oh boy) luckly nobody got hit i got a session of his horn and i saluted to say sorry as did my wife.

have his reg number,considering reporting him anybody got views??

Cops will probably do nothing, if they do not have enough cops to cruise about scanning for this type of stupidity, don't expect them to go out of their way.

anyway, that aside, 2 wrongs does not make a right and if you were good enough to "say sorry". No need in "teaching one a lesson".

OTOH, anyone with their indicator on for 30 sec should be avoided, do you have a side relay indicator, so the car in your blind spot would see, and take some pro-active steps, like pull back or forward a bit.
    There are a few out there who sincerely believe "everyone is out to get them".

Relax, don't worry about it, life's too short and you got other things to worry about, but don't fall asleep again either.
    When turning/changing lanes. Look as well as check mirrors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement