Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Nordic quirks

Options
  • 14-03-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭

This is from another forum for people moving to Sweden - The Local. Perhaps interesting for yous?
    http://www.thelocal.se/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=1799
    My favourites are "macka" and "fika" :p
    Does anyone else have a fav Nordic quirk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Cindy Love

That thread is really great-thanks for posting it!

I cant think of any quirks right now but im sure ill remeber some later....

the sharp exhale of air is something that ive noticed before :-) very cute

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Many thanks!

As someone who is considering moving over ther for the summer, this may be very useful... shame I'm atr work now and can't view it in detail!

Quirks? Lived in Denmark for a while... when I spoke Danish they were convinced I was Swedish. I also love Denmrk's pride in it's 'mountain', the Hjmmelberg' which is about 159m above sea level.

Translated into English, it means 'sky mountain'. Danish humour in a nutshell - class!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Scania

Did you know that if the highest mountain in Denmark was in Norway, it would be called a valley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Scania wrote:
    Did you know that if the highest mountain in Denmark was in Norway, it would be called a valley!

Ha, ha, ha!
    36_11_6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

When you get too used to the variety in Swedish women and expect the blonde, fair-skinned, pretty one not to be Swedish, but she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

When every phone call to a "myndighet" starts with you giving them your person nummer, even before you say your name.

Advertisement