Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Walkinstown BBQ

Options
  • 14-03-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm living in a supposed "respectable" area in Walkinstown (well that’s what the locals think). But since I moved here a year and a half ago we've seen 5 burned out cars on the street literally within 100 meters of our house.

The one in the picture below was right beside my house (5 meters from my bedroom window) 2 nights ago. It seemed that this was an insurance job as the window was smashed with a hammer , which was left behind and the car didn't appear to be disturbed in any other way earlier in the evening.

Check out the Lexus lights and after market alloy wheels, this was obviously owned by a little scummer that needed the money to fund his holiday this year.

You can see why your premiums are going up and up for no reason !!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/k-tric/Misc/IMAG0031.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's one of those situations where you'd love to become a gun weilding vigilante, word would get out that joyriders were at risk of getting shot after the first few shootings......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 signs

What road was that on, didn't see it recently. General area will do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

signs wrote:
    What road was that on, didn't see it recently. General area will do!

Close to The Traders pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 signs

Living in Walkinstown 30 years now, near roundabout, thought this kind of crap was finished with. Seen a few over last few years, far from anything like in some other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I woulda taken the alloys & lexus lights off n sold them on CruiseIRL ;)

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote:
    I woulda taken the alloys & lexus lights off n sold them on CruiseIRL ;)

Believe it or not the wheels were uneffected by the fire. I was thinking about taking them but I couldn't be bothered in the end with the hassle.

K-TRIC wrote:
    Believe it or not the wheels were uneffected by the fire. I was thinking about taking them but I couldn't be bothered in the end with the hassle.

LOL. I can just imagine it now. The cops arriving to you with a jack and wheelbrace...

K-TRIC wrote:

LOL. I can just imagine it now. The cops arriving to you with a jack and wheelbrace... In the words of Bart Simpson "I didnt do it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

would an insurance claim not effect his/her insurance.

drdre wrote:
    would an insurance claim not effect his/her insurance.

I suppose it would , but 19 year old scummers don't think about that when they need money to go to Ibiza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

K-Tric, your couple of posts on this thread are nothing short of pathetic.

Listen to yourself... do you really really think that the owner of the car would take such a risk and do such a thing to their car? O sorry, they're boyracers, so automatically are scummers and druggies only out for a laugh in Ibiza.

How stereotypical is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 big_al

ciarsd wrote:
    K-Tric, your couple of posts on this thread are nothing short of pathetic.

Listen to yourself... do you really really think that the owner of the car would take such a risk and do such a thing to their car? O sorry, they're boyracers, so automatically are scummers and druggies only out for a laugh in Ibiza.

How stereotypical is that?

Couldn't agree with you more ciarsd. I'd add snobbery to the stereotypical.

big_al, ciarsd,

I see these "boy-racers" (i haven't used that term until now) every day, acting the ass and selling drugs in Tymmon Park every week. Did you have 5 cars burned out on your road in the past 18 months ???

Probably not.

I wasn't generalising or talking about stereotypes, I was stating facts , there's a big difference.

And the lovely thing about my facts is that I can back them up with video and camera footage very easily.

K-TRIC wrote:
    I wasn't generalising or talking about stereotypes, I was stating facts , there's a big difference.

And the lovely thing about my facts is that I can back them up with video and camera footage very easily.

K Tric, If you read your initial post in this thread you will find that you used the term "seemed" and you also assume that the owner of the car is a 'scummer', lowlife druggie who likes holidaying in Ibiza...now how is that facts?

Your right I haven't had cars burned out outside my home, and I can sympathise with what you are having to deal with - I did live in an area prone to that in my youth. But using sweeping statements and generalisations like that is bang out of order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 big_al

K-TRIC wrote:

oh, I see. That's ok then as it's a "scummers" car. And that's a fact (and u got footage ???!!).

hmmm, pots, kettles . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Probably true tho lads. I call all fellas who drive around with tinted windows, massive alloys and stupid mortar exhausts to be boyracer scummers. And most are generally idiots on the road. Sorry for stereotyping or generalising. They've too much money and don't know what to do with it. (me prepares for whipping)

Mutz wrote:
    Probably true tho lads. I call all fellas who drive around with tinted windows, massive alloys and stupid mortar exhausts to be boyracer scummers. And most are generally idiots on the road. Sorry for stereotyping or generalising. They've too much money and don't know what to do with it. (me prepares for whipping)

:D I find this laughable! Is their a hint of jealousy that they've more money? or what are you getting at exactly? :confused:

What would you make of my mate who drives a rather nice M BMW, has v. light tints (the security film type not the privacy film type), huge wheels and 4 exhausts as a matter of interest? Quite obviously he's done very well for himself and his business - is he automatically judged to be a scummer, druggie boyracer?

Anyway, back to OP and his thread. I do sympathise with his situation right on his doorstep - but certainly dont agree with the sweeping statements and stereotypical comments in this thread :)

C.

ciarsd wrote:
    :D I find this laughable! Is their a hint of jealousy that they've more money? or what are you getting at exactly? :confused:

What would you make of my mate who drives a rather nice M BMW, has v. light tints (the security film type not the privacy film type), huge wheels and 4 exhausts as a matter of interest? Quite obviously he's done very well for himself and his business - is he automatically judged to be a scummer, druggie boyracer?

Anyway, back to OP and his thread. I do sympathise with his situation right on his doorstep - but certainly dont agree with the sweeping statements and stereotypical comments in this thread :)

C.

LOL, true.
    I can imagine it now. A brand new M5 passes down the road, tinted windows and 4 exhaust tips out the back... "Scummy Boyracer" :)

ciarsd wrote:

C.

Glad I made you laugh. He's probably a coke head too. Oh yes you caught me out too - I'm so jealous. Really.

I obviously struck a nerve with this thread, but I don't care :D

If someone says it how they see's it and they step on someones toes they are generalising and stereotyping.

I'm going back to sit in the window on my rocking chair and wave my fists at the scummers.

• Advertisement

Mutz wrote:
    Glad I made you laugh. He's probably a coke head too. Oh yes you caught me out too - I'm so jealous. Really.

pathetic..:rolleyes:

ciarsd wrote:
    pathetic..:rolleyes:

Whatever

Look ladies, take your bitching outside :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

For all you know that was someones pride and joy who wasnt a scummer etc. Stolen cars get burnt out - no one burns out cars for insurance money - generally people who add crap like that wouldnt have mentioned to their insurance company about their lights and alloys etc, thus invalidating their policy anyway. I dont like modified cars, but I know how much pride these lads take in their cars.

That was a stolen car that got burnt out - same as with the 5-10 a month that happen around my area (although not outside my house - that must be a pain).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Didn't read this thread cause it just looked like an argument..

If nothing else u took a cool pic.. ;-)

commited wrote:
    For all you know that was someones pride and joy who wasnt a scummer etc. Stolen cars get burnt out - no one burns out cars for insurance money - generally people who add crap like that wouldnt have mentioned to their insurance company about their lights and alloys etc, thus invalidating their policy anyway. I dont like modified cars, but I know how much pride these lads take in their cars.

That was a stolen car that got burnt out - same as with the 5-10 a month that happen around my area (although not outside my house - that must be a pain).

I think I mentioned in a previous post that it was unlikely that this was a stolen car. The doors were locked and the car was undisturbed, alot like the previous cars that were burnt out on our street.

Advertisement