Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorola Razer - major problem

• 14-03-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

my girlfriend has a pink moto razor (prepay), which i bought for her as a christmas present.

it was working grand until yesterday when all of a sudden it became possessed and started connecting to the wap automatically and keying in letters and numbers by itself when in text mode or entering pin nums!!

obviously it's a serious firmware flaw as it wasnt dropped nor was it kept anywhere moist. the phone is basically useless now as i can't control it for even a few minutes.

bought it from carphone warehouse and taking it in tomorrow. what am i entitled to, if anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You are entitled to your money back of course :)

Maybe you could just get new firmware on it but I have never had a problem like this so I'm not sure if that would do the trick.

Is the phone under a gurantee (though you should get your money back even if it is not)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

well it's only 3/4 months old so it should be under guarantee. what about an instant replacement? - same make, same model.

i read somewhere 1m razor's were pulled in the last month due to some bug however i think thats something different.

bloody phones are a pain in the arse, at least i can fix a computer! bring back the nokia 3310's with their green screens and reliable service!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SirCretop

my black RAZR once gave me a problem where it kept jumping between menus for no reason. I flashed it and it solved the prob so for me it was a firmware issue. Sounds like you've got a similar issue so you should get a replacement without much fuss.

http://theconvoyseptictank.blogspot.com

yeah im hoping for a hassle free replacement.

given that the razr can be connected via usb, is it possible to flash the firmware myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've seen this with a v3 before. you used the correct term, it is possessed. they'll send it off for repair unfortunately and it'll take a few weeks

• Advertisement

i've seen this with a v3 before. you used the correct term, it is possessed. they'll send it off for repair unfortunately and it'll take a few weeks

yeah thats me fear - i'll take it in and won't see it for a couple of weeks. we're not exactly stuck for mobile phones tbh but it's a nuisance going back to an old phone.

what annoys me is that it was grand for 4 months, now all of a sudden it's just doing it's own thing. i can't see how this can happen. it never happened before and the phone is in perfect nick.

nothing apart from texts were sent/ received so it couldnt possibly be a virus or compatibility issues. can't wait to see what motorola put it down as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Send it in for repair in somewhere like MPRC (www.mprc.ie).
    Much quicker.
    No way you'll get either a replacement or refund. Sorry. Only in the 1st 28 days. I don't make the rules so don't get angry at me! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

My mate bought his girl friend a pink Razr in Jan and she's been having problems with it as well.

Turning itself off when there is plenty of battery left, dropping calls (which doesn't appear to be network related), not ringing when there is an incoming call, freezing.

Always have though Motorolas were rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Within the 1st 28 days you are entitled to a replacement or refund with the retailer. After that it is a repair that is neccessary. There is normally a minimum of three repairs for the manufacturer will even consider a replacement. Just the way it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Ye, I got one too. I had the same type of issues.

1, Swiching it self off
    2, Hanging
    3, In the end the Keyboard stopped working

Be very carefull when sending it for repair as they fixed my problem but they was lots of other damage to the phone when i got it back from the repair, and the flip was never the same.

I refused to take it back, eventuly they gave me a new one, i then gave it away to the brother.

I did get the new 3G RAZER, V3x its not to bad. No problems like the last one.

Tommy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Vodafone have a policy that if the phone has been repaired 3 times, and the problem persists, they will replace the phone. I did this with my black razr and got a replacement. I then sold it and am now using my old SonyEricsson T610, which I love in comparison to the motorola junk.

I would try the Vodafone shop at the top of Grafton Street - the service desk upstairs. I found them really helpful.

Ro

Advertisement