Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

666 Thread

• 14-03-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted, more than lightly has but screw it!

Snagged it from another site, forget who to credit

Please don't pound me for trying to pound this in, but...

''I'm so tired of the people that think the numbers are random. There's no way the writers used a set of numbers that have these properties by coincidence. Even the "Ultimate Theory" and the "New Ultimate Theory" and the "Revised/Annotized/Condensed/Abbridged Ultimate Theory" claim the numbers are random and meaningless (although those theories rock!)...

The sum of the numbers just happens to be [(6*6) + (6*6) + (6*6)]. That's two sets of 666.

I know I've posted this elsewhere, but nobody comments for some reason. I'm not trying to double-post... just trying to stir some conversation about this. This triangle starts with the exact list of numbers. Adding the the 3 sides of the triangle equals 6*6*6.
    [4+8+15+16+23+42) + (4+4+3+3+3) + (42+19+12+6+6+3)] = 6*6*6

04 08 15 16 23 42
    04 07 01 07 19
    03 06 06 12
    03 00 06
    03 06
    03 ''

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

as a mathematician that makes no sense to me. what.so.ever.
    there's grabbing at straws and then there's smoking it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Smurfpiss wrote:
    as a mathematician that makes no sense to me. what.so.ever.
    there's grabbing at straws and then there's smoking it....

I didnt do it, jus thought it was cool, but you are right, its a little dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

I'm sure the creators - most likely good at writing and not maths - sat down for a few hours adding hidden messages into a bunch of numbers. The numbers must have some meaning but nothing too deep.

I'm sure the creators - most likely good at writing and not maths - sat down for a few hours adding hidden messages into a bunch of numbers. The numbers must have some meaning but nothing too deep.

They also came up in catwomen, in the exact order, when she was getting arrested (i think) they appeared on the little photo number holder thingy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I can't back this up, But did i not hear a pod cast or some interview where the producers hadn't decided excatly the fundamental reason for the numbers where?

I think it was at the end of series one Irish time.

• Advertisement

I can't back this up, But did i not hear a pod cast or some interview where the producers hadn't decided excatly the fundamental reason for the numbers where?

I think it was at the end of series one Irish time.

correct, i heard that aswell, turned alot of people off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

iFight wrote:
    I didnt do it, jus thought it was cool, but you are right, its a little dodgy
    ah yeah i know that.
    probably some american twat.
    the numbers also came up in veronica mars if anyone cares...heh.
    and yeah they said that the numbers have no real meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I really hope that the numbers have a meaning because it was the numbers that kept people wondering what was going on. Maybe they just said that they dont mean anything because they dont want to give to much away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

iFight wrote:
    04 08 15 16 23 42
    04 07 01 07 19
    03 06 06 12
    03 00 06
    03 06
    03 ''
    Where did the other numbers in this triangle come from? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Thin air! :)

• Advertisement

Heh! I thought as much! ;)

MeTV wrote:
    Where did the other numbers in this triangle come from? :confused:

Write out Nunbers

4 8 ......
    Gapbetween 4 and 8 is 4, therefore

4 8............

Get it?

Aye, but its pointless really! ;)

lol;)

iFight wrote:
    Write out Nunbers

4 8 ......
    Gapbetween 4 and 8 is 4, therefore

4 8............

Get it?
    Ah, OK; getcha - dunno why I didn't spot that meself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

iFight wrote:
    Apologies if this has been posted, more than lightly has but screw it!

Snagged it from another site, forget who to credit

Please don't pound me for trying to pound this in, but...

''I'm so tired of the people that think the numbers are random. There's no way the writers used a set of numbers that have these properties by coincidence. Even the "Ultimate Theory" and the "New Ultimate Theory" and the "Revised/Annotized/Condensed/Abbridged Ultimate Theory" claim the numbers are random and meaningless (although those theories rock!)...

The sum of the numbers just happens to be [(6*6) + (6*6) + (6*6)]. That's two sets of 666.

I know I've posted this elsewhere, but nobody comments for some reason. I'm not trying to double-post... just trying to stir some conversation about this. This triangle starts with the exact list of numbers. Adding the the 3 sides of the triangle equals 6*6*6.
    [4+8+15+16+23+42) + (4+4+3+3+3) + (42+19+12+6+6+3)] = 6*6*6

04 08 15 16 23 42
    04 07 01 07 19
    03 06 06 12
    03 00 06
    03 06
    03 ''

sorry must be missing something here but

4+8+15+16+23+42) + (4+4+3+3+3) + (42+19+12+6+6+3)] = 213

6*6*6 = 216 no?

despite that its fairly illogical anyways and has nothing to do with the meaning of the numbers unless you're suggesting Hanso is Satan or that the losties are in hell!!! which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever

(6*6) + (6*6) + (6*6) =
    36 + 36 + 36 =

Oh look, its a triangle! ;):D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

If you type them numbers into google earth you get a location in between Sydney and Los angeles +4° 8' 15.00", +16° 23' 42.00"

I think that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

popinfresh wrote:
    If you type them numbers into google earth you get a location in between Sydney and Los angeles +4° 8' 15.00", +16° 23' 42.00"

I think that's it.

Type those in and you get the middle of Africa, no island there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Big Nelly wrote:
    Type those in and you get the middle of Africa, no island there!

... or is there?

either way this waiting around crap to find out what these numbers are is getting stupid, there's suspense and then theres moronic dragging of it out.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote:
    ... or is there?

either way this waiting around crap to find out what these numbers are is getting stupid, there's suspense and then theres moronic dragging of it out.

they said that there will be no meaning to them, kinda turned me off. Thought yesterdays ep was poor w=aswell, season 2 is nowhere near my expectations

Advertisement